Friday, December 12, 2014

Our Number One Dream

Remember when I told you (in my last post) that we were starting this "HUGE new project" ...? haha. Well, we've got another. And, quite frankly, it's bigger! Ok. Size-wise, not nearly as big as a house. But, when it comes to time, effort, love, and all the changes we'll see in our life, it's definitely bigger.

Austin and I are adopting!!

Most of you probably already know that. I feel like I'm Facebook friends with all my readers. If I'm NOT Facebook friends with you, then... that's weird. I don't know why we aren't. But, we announced our new last week. We shared our blog link with others over the phone, with texts, through email, on Google+, Facebook, and Instagram. If you haven't stopped by to look, please do!!

Erin started a fundraising site for us. Ok. I think that deserves a little more excitement... ERIN STARTED A FUNDRAISING SITE FOR US!! WAHH! Seriously. She's incredible. She helps me with so much. Big things. Little things. Things that probably only exist in my mind... She's got it all covered. Poor girl. I'm so high maintenance. I do love the face that we are always on this same wavelength. Maybe it only exists between the two of us. But, I think there have been times when we actually read each others thoughts. You know, I'm actually positive that happened.

But, that site has already worked wonders! I worry about money. I wish I didn't. I hate how easy it is for money to rule us. Adoption is just so darn expensive. But, seeing all the love and generosity from so many people... I think it's actually lowered my stress level on an eternal scale. Seeing that our #1 dream can come true - in a very real way - has caused real improvements. To me, as a human. Visually - my stress pimples are receding. Mentally - I'm less manic. Emotionally - I'm beginning to form rational thoughts. I'll have to check with Austin, but I may actually be an easier person to live with. hm.

I'm gonna be real with you. I don't know how I haven't (literally) talked my mom's ear off. She is down-right perfect. I'm not talking "never makes a mistake (but she basically never does), looks like a Barbie doll (I mean, she is like, an inch shorter than Barbie...), never has a bad day (she said darnit ...once)." She's the best friend we all need. She knows when to give advice and when to roll her eyes - which we rarely see... since we almost always talk over the phone. She's always there. During work. During dinner. During her free time. Plus, she's the coolest. If you have a lame mom, I'm sorry. I don't know what that's like. I can't understand how people live without talking to their mom at least twice a day.

Paige is the big sister I never had... until I was 18. Ha! Paige and I existed in separate universes... but, within the same house. Six years is a weird age gap. Well, not anymore. I go to Paige for everything. I mean. Seriously. It gets ridiculous. But, Paige always has an opinion. And her opinions matter to me. *If I can't decide what color to paint my nails, Paige will ask me what I'm wearing, what I'm planning on wearing for any noteworthy plans I may have, take into account what season it is, and give me some good, solid reasoning. On a serious note, though... I can talk to her about anything and I love that! She has taught me so much about being selfless and hardworking. She's always there for me when she really doesn't have to be. Having someone who validates you as much as you validate them is essential.

*Please assume this is a hypothetical scenario.

My parents. My in-laws. ALL our siblings. Old friends. Really old friends. New friends. Even people we hardly know. So many people have been so incredibly supportive of us. I wish I could write a paragraph about everyone we owe thanks to. Every day, Austin and I talk about something else someone said or did that made us feel great. We have so much love, I'm overwhelmed. I wish I could give as much as we're receiving.

I've heard from countless adoptive parents that adopting is one of the most spiritual experiences they've ever been through. I can tell you that we're feeling it. I know there is a child for us. I know there is a birth mom who we will connect with and grow to love. We have a long road ahead of us. But, even now, I can feel the love flooding into our lives. I don't know how to thank everyone.

Here, on my trusty, old blog, I'm an open book. I hope no one thinks I'm crazy. I don't think I'm losing my mind. I do depend on this blog, though. I depend on everyone who reads it. The comments I receive lift me higher. I think I've been waiting to post until I felt like I'd gathered my thoughts. Since I don't think that say will ever come, this is the best I can do.

I hope no one ever feels like they're obsolete. I appreciate you. I can be pretty terrible at returning kind gestures. So, until I get a chance to tell you what you mean to me, just know the kind gestures are working. Some days are so hard. Sometimes I get so overwhelmed, I don't want to get out of bed because I don't know where to start! But, I'm trying. I'm sorting out priorities, responsibilities, and goals. When I read kind words from all of you, I'm reminded of the incredible life I have. I remember that hard days pass and, because of my wonderful support system, I can do hard things!

So, here we go. We're really doing it! Follow our story.

www.austinandmollyadopt.blogspot.com

Stop by our fundraising site, read Erin's perfectly worded message, and share it with others!

www.youcaring.com/adoption-fundraiser/austin-and-molly/273146 

1 comment: