Because so many servers at Cracker Barrel have been quitting during a hiring freeze, we (all those that are left) have been scheduled in overtime. I've been working about 60 hour weeks. I can't complain. The extra money is good. Plus, some people work long days like that all the time! But, I just don't know if I can do it much longer - especially not where I work.
I'm not here to vent or rant about how hard my life is. But, I have never worked anywhere with management like this. I can count on one hand the number of days (in 9 months) my managers and I have seen eye to eye. It would be one thing if I was the only one disagreeing with the
things they say and do, but even within the 4 or 5 managers there is a lot of "grey area." I just feel like they need to figure things out. It's really taking a toll on the respect level a lot of us have for them.
Anyyyway. Aside from work, life has been awesome! I'm so happy with Austin. He's really the best I could ever ask for. Last week, he took me up to Salt Lake to see the lights at Temple Square. That is seriously one of my very favorite things! We decided to go maybe...20 minutes beforehand. So, Austin forgot a coat and we didn't have a camera - just our phones.

This picture is my favorite from the night.
Too bad the lighting and camera phone isn't better quality.

I'm kinda making a weird face and Austin doesn't look all that happy,
but we were having fun :] I promise!

This, I had Austin take just because
snowflakes will forever remind me of my mom :] I love them.
We had fun on Temple Square and want to go back again before Christmas. Only, next time, dressed warmer and with an actual camera :]
I'll be going to Texas here on December 17th (Friday) to meet Austin and his family. We'll fly back together that next Sunday, the 19th. I'm excited to meet everyone. I'm NOT excited to fly into the Dallas-Fort Worth airport all alone. I've never been there.. and I'm sure I'll figure everything out just fine but.. It's huge!

That just doesn't look like fun to me. I think I prefer the Salt Lake airport :]
Alright, what else have I been doing with my life? Oh. Christmas shopping! I'm so excited. I've shopped for:
My secret person (we draw names among everyone in my family - other than little kids)
White elephant (also within my family)
Polly
Bruce
Clara
Austin
Taylor (we also drew roommate names)
And, aside from Christmas, Ben, Erin, Lorin and Paige all have birthdays between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Lots of presents, huh? I'm sure I'll buy a few more a few other special people in my life.
I have so much fun Christmas shopping. I just wish I had the money to buy everything I want to.
What I'm most looking forward to is spending time with the people I love most. Which is why I get most frustrated with work. If I could be sure I would get to spend that time with the people I want to be with, I wouldn't hate my job so much. The schedule there is just so unpredictable, though.
But, I love my family. So very much! I'm excited to spend this Christmas with Austin, too. It'll be so fun to share traditions and that quality time with each other and our families.
I'm so excited to see what you got ME for Christmas! :-) Dallas is big, but really not bad if it's your final destination...switching planes there, on the other hand, is a nightmare! Merry Christmas Molly ~ I hope you have a great holiday; sounds like you will.
ReplyDeleteI'm excited to see you too!
ReplyDelete