Monday, April 9, 2012

The one with Phil's goodbye

When Ben and Courtney got married, they decided they didn't need two cars so I inherited Phil.

His name comes from the previous owners license plate that said "PHL" on it. Creative, I know. I think Ben came up with it. And it sure stuck!




Man, we sure had some good times - when it actually worked right. I loved that car. It was a 1995 Nissan Pathfinder. I treated it well, too! It was just over 200,000 miles and wanted to kick the can.

After I had to replace (and re-replace) a bad tire, the battery, the starter, and finally the radiator (among many other small repairs), my parents suggested we just put it on KSL. It sold in maybe a week. We sold it for $900 (and only that much because the guy who ended up buying it got it running). I think it was a pretty good deal! Austin and I kept what we had put into it recently and the rest goes to my parents - probably towards a cabin for Christmas 2012. Woohoo!

I documented the day and thought I'd share the farewell pictures for those who are interested :)

"Bob" showed up. 

Paid in cash. (Perfect.) See ya!

I creeped on the balcony for a bit - just to scope the guy out.

So sad.... Phil is gone.

Oh, wait...

Totally worth it! 
As my Dad would say (in different circumstances, of course - his being much more harsh), "He's your problem now."

2 comments:

  1. Even though I only drove Phil a couple of times... I'll miss him :) He transported Ben and Molly safely for a few good years; I'm pretty sure we got our money's worth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for being so kind to Phil during his final days as part of our family. It will be good practice for you when I'm old and feeble. Just don't sell me for money...until I'm all the way dead.

    ReplyDelete