So, I'm a terrible blogger. I'll just say it. But, since I haven't blogged in SO long, I'll give a little update...
Summer has really dragged on. I know, I know. Everyone and their dog loves summer (but, seriously...). And I've loved the nice weather (when it wasn't too hot), but Austin and I worked opposite schedules until about a week ago. So, the weekends were still the only highlight of each week alllll summer long.
I'm working at Vision Security in Auditing (aka Contract Processing). I really like the job. It gets repetitive but I love the girls I work with. I work a normal 9:00am - 5:00pm schedule, too - which is nice.
Austin is a lead designer/supervisor at Vivint Solar. He designs the solar arrays that go on peoples' roofs. It's a great job and he's so good at it! Sometimes I wonder why this boy won't get a Civil Engineering degree :) But, he'll apply to a few schools soon to get into the Nursing program. I'm so excited for him!
Austin also started school TODAY! He's going to keep working full time (if not, close to it) while he's in school! What a trooper.
We still live in Provo in our teeny apartment. Calling it "cozy" doesn't even make it sound any better anymore. Let's face it - it's small. But, we've just decided to stay here and save money until we can move somewhere we'll really love. We've been working to "beautify" our apartment and I've realized it's a never-ending project! ahh! But, I still love it :)
I still drive our Saturn Ion and Austin so kind to drive the Subaru. The AC doesn't work and he's driven it all summer. Man. The things he does for me! But, our impulse buy of the summer was a scooter! I love it! And, really... Living in Provo, I bet, as long as the wind doesn't cut to hard through us during the winter months, we could ride the scooter a good amount of the year. We'll see, anyway.
Still no babies. Dang. Austin IS entertaining the thought of having a baby around, though... I think it helps that we have such a cute nephew and nieces! I can't wait until we can start our little family. I know there aren't a lot of people who read my blog, so I figure I can share things I normally wouldn't.
But, in January, we found out I could be pregnant. WAHOO! I mean, we weren't expecting it or trying at all. So, we had about a week or two to get excited and start figuring things our before I miscarried. I know a lot of girls do - especially with their first. And I've heard a lot of people downplay the shock of it. But, it was really hard on me.
I've been thinking about it a lot recently. Well, I always have. But, to think about the fact that, had I really been pregnant, I would be having a baby - like, NOW... It's really surreal. So, Austin and I have been really open and really vocal about our feelings towards having kids, when we want to start trying, and all that business.
I never realized how much preparation there is! And, I've seen it first hand - how much work it is once the little one arrives! I'm sure I'll never understand what it's like until we have a baby, but it's made it a whole lot more "real" to me and not just a fairy tail like I'm sure every new bride (like me) dreams of.
Anyway, until Austin lets me have a baby, I'll just continue distracting myself with other things. I bought a gym pass to Planet Fitness. My friend, Amy Dallin (best girl everrr) talked me into it and I'm SO glad she did! I can't believe how much my body has changed just in the past few years! Ahh! I look at high school pictures and I could faint. So, I'm getting my butt in the gym. Even if I just run on the treadmill the whole time, that's good enough for me! Austin has gone with me, too. It's fun having someone to work out with! Move over, Jillian Michaels!
So, I know these posts aren't really fun. It would be MORE fun if I could just consistently post. But, I'll try to get some pictures up of the summer fun we've had :) If you're there, then thanks for reading my bloggy!

Well, I read your blog. So just keep writing. I am sorry to hear about your miscarriage. You are a strong woman. At least you live in Provo, so when you feel like your apt is teeny, you can actually go outside. Our teeny apt. when we got married was the only place I could stay cool. So the walls closed in very quickly. Unfortunately we stayed in small apartments for years. Enjoy the "coziness" while you can!
ReplyDeleteHey! Love your blog- it's so cute :)
ReplyDeleteI feel we live similar lives- except for the scooter part. I haven't had that one yet!
I need to add your blog to my list of bloggers on my blog, then I'll read it all the time! I love reading people's blogs. I had no idea you had a miscarriage. I can't imagine how hard that would be. But we waited 4 years to have a baby and it was worth the wait. You will know when it's right for you guys. I know about living in "cozy" places. Our new place in Twin will be very cozy!
ReplyDeleteI read your blog aaallll the time! Sometimes I reread it :) I love it, and I love you, and you need to post some pictures too :)
ReplyDelete