I have to take detailed notes during each phone call with my nurse... Otherwise, I'll forget all my assignments. Ahh!
Sometimes I wonder if this is all worth it. These medications and doctor visits take a real toll on me - physically & mentally. I'm so emotionally strung out. Getting pregnant and actually having a baby seems like nothing more than a far-fetched dream.
I have faith and truly believe that Austin and I will be parents. I know it will happen. I just wish I knew which path to take to get there.
We have a long road ahead of us if we invest and move forward with fertility treatments. For so many couples, even the most advanced procedures can fail.
We would both love to adopt and have the means to begin the process. But, we were asked to "exhaust all out fertility resources" before committing to adoption. If we choose to forego our fertility options and go with adoption, would I think back and wonder "what if..." What if we could have gotten pregnant and had a mini Austin look - alike? Or a chubby-cheeked, brunnette daughter like me?
Sometimes, I feel like it's a game. I know I'm impatient. I know I still "have time." We're young. "It'll happen." "You know, couples who adopt often end up getting pregnant right after." Thank you. I know you're trying to help. I've just heard these things hundreds of times.
Really, the one thing I want to hear is, "Congratulations. You have your baby."
I'm sorry you got your impatience from your day. I'm also sorry that life isn't fair but between modern medicine and faithful prayers, it will eventually work out for you guys.
ReplyDeleteYou're amazing :)
ReplyDelete