I'm feeling...crummy. Flu, body aches. I worked out for the first time (in what seems like forever) yesterday so I have sore muscles I didn't even know existed. What better time than now (when I'm lying in bed, feeling sorry for myself) to blog?!
So, what's new? Well, I GOT A JOB! phew! What better news to hear than that? I work for Vivint, previously APX Alarm. I love it so far. I work in the call center as a customer support professional - not "representative," mind you. "Professional." :]


I really do love my job. I love the people there AND the work I do. This company really is awesome. It is one with the summer sales guys who go door to door, but I'm converted! If I had the money and the home, I would buy a security system! It's nationwide (even Canada. mhmm). So, if any of you are interested, let me know! Maybe I can swing you a deal :]

This is my new friend, Kaylee, and me. She is so much fun. During "Spirit Week," (kinda 'high school' right?) they had all sorts of fun! This picture was taken by a photographer just there for fun. He had us bend over forward and whip our hair back. Funny, huh?
They had so much going on the first week we were there. They called it "Spirit Week" because it was right when they changed the name from APX Alarm to Vivint. The first day we were there, they had a rebranding launch. Just like a pep rally. We all went into the gym (basketball gym - just for fun!), which they also call the conference center. They had one of the workers rap at the end! With lights and smoke machines. I guess he just made up this Vivint rap all about the company.
There was a ton of free stuff. Food, candy, shirts, water bottles. They had all sorts of games to win tickets for a raffle at the end of the week. I won two footballs at the football toss! The kicker?! On Friday of that week, they had a HUGE party with free pizza, drinks and dessert. They had a comedian, too! So funny. We all wore our orange Vivint shirts and needed a wristband to get in. Ok. Really. Here's the kicker. We were told about the $5000 prize. Hence, the raffle tickets. In the first five minutes of this whole production, our CEO,

^ Todd Pedersen ^
got too antsy and drew a ticket just for a $1000 cash prize...just to kick things off. Next, they started the real thing. A few $20 movie gift certificates. A few $15 gift certificates for restaurants. A couple ski passes to Sundance. Someone in Minnisota won those. Don't worry they promised to fly them out to use them. Ok. Here's the actual real deal. $5000 prize. Some girl won. pff. "Oh. Not enough? Ok, fine. Let's draw another name." Second $5000 prize. "Ok. This is fun." $10,000!! The guy who won wasn't even there. He was in New Jersey. He wasn't even listening in online - an option thousands of other employees had chosen. Todd had someone in the audience call him and let him know he just won!
So, I love my job. I still get free lunches every single day I work. I work out in their work out room for free. I hang out with such relaxed, laid back, but really motivated, fun people all day everyday.

I love my job.
Nice Jumps! Keep up the good work... maybe you'll win the big one next year! I'm so happy you like it!
ReplyDelete