Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The one where we get to know the family

You know who I love? My family. I really got the best one. I would like to take the time to individually praise each of my family members.

First, my papa.

John "Jake" Emmett is the best Dad anyone could ask for. He really knows how to make me feel good. I think it took my parents a while to figure out how to motivate me. If there is anything I want in this world, it's to make my Dad proud. I know he works really hard at everything he does. There are a million things I could list that he has done that I'm thankful for. I wish I could tell him every single one of those things. But, I'll try to list a few. In high school, he let each of his kids take HIS car to school everyday. He chose to ride his bike. We didn't always live all that close to campus (where he works) but he rode anyway. He made his family a priority. We had dinner up to the table most nights. He spent time with us and supported us in whatever we chose to do. One of the most important things my Dad has done for me is taught me the importance of the gospel. We learned all about Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ and the truthfulness of the church through our entire lives. I'm so proud of my him and I'm proud that he is MY Dad.

Lesa (Dawn) Freeman Emmett is my best friend. My Mom has been there no matter what. I don't think I've ever gone two or three days at the MOST without talking to my Mom. People say "what would I do without the..." But, really. I have no idea what on earth I would do without my mom. I would be homeless and ungrateful for all I have (or didn't have) if it weren't for my dear Mother. She has put up with so much from me. She has gone to great lengths to make me (and everyone else) happy. She is the most patient woman I've ever met. I'm so glad I had my mom to make me food, buy me nice things and create a prom dress I just designed in my mind! Like my Dad, my Mom has always taught us the importance of faith, hard work and obedience. I knew, of the gospel and all the blessings that go along with it because of my parents' examples.

Paige Emmett Fotheringham has become one of my very very best friends. Well, ok. She is now my second mom. But, since we are fairly close in age (sometimes it seems a lot closer than it really is), we get along really well and have a lot in common. We always joke that Ben and Erin are really smart and awesome in school. As for Paige and Molly...they're more "social butterflies." But, I guess that's true. Most times I see Paige, we spend most of our time talking and laughing...and making treats :] But, Paige has worked really hard for me, alone. She is always accommodating and welcoming. She has helped me with schooling and jobs. Even my relationships! :] Her kids are so much fun! I really look up to Paige and hope, one day, to raise a family like she has.

Lorin Robert Fotheringham, Paige's husband, is super hardworking and really fun to be around. Lorin has set such a good example for me. He works really hard to support his family and, at the same time, have all the fun they can. It's always a party when Lorin is around. He is one of the best at one-liners and quoting movies. He has helped me a lot with jobs, too. Lorin helped me with my very first resume and got me a job, too! Just like my parents, Paige and Lorin have made sure to keep a gospel-centered home. I really look up to them for so many reasons. Lorin is really good at getting down to business when it's time to work, but knowing when it's time for family. I'm so thankful for the Fotheringham's for letting me live with them - twice :] They're so kind and generous.

Benjamin John Emmett is my FAVORITE brother. Ok. He's my only brother (not counting in-laws). But, really. I like to joke about how, when we were little, Ben was mean to me and probably just wanted me to stop bugging him all the time. But, even though he liked to mess up my hair and tell me to go away, I thought he was the coolest brother ever. I remember tell my friends that my brother was the best. I still look up to him a lot. We grew up in Illinois and we all probably had one of two LDS friends. Ben never really loved church (what boy does?) but he decided all on his own to serve a mission and go to BYU. I'm so proud of what he has become and where his life is. I look up to Ben a lot. I know he works hard at his job AND school to keep his family where they want to be. I'm trying to follow my siblings' example and live my life like theirs.

Courtney Call Emmett is my favorite sister in law! She always will be :] I'm so so glad I've gotten to know Courtney as well as I have. She is so much fun and has such a good sense of humor - I guess you have to have one to survive in this family, right? She is the cutest little mommy. I love watching her take care of her little girl. I know she gives her family all she has. I really admire Ben and Courtney and their efforts to make the church the center of their life. I really enjoy being in their home. There is such a sweet spirit there. I'm so glad she is part of our family!

Erin Ray Emmett is my wonderful baby sister! No one will ever have a relationship like Erin and I have. I don't even know how to describe it. But, I cannot WAIT until she is out here this Summer. Even though Erin is my little sister, I look up to her just as much as I do anyone else. She is the most studious, hardworking high schooler I've ever seen. She will accept no other school than BYU, and that's just perfect. It's where she belongs. Erin has almost the exact same sense of humor I have. Growing up, it was always Paige, Ben and the girls. I think my parents mixed up our names more than they got them right. Well, that's really still how it is. We just have to assume we know who they're actually talking about. But, I love spending time with Erin and will forever call her my best friend.

Ok. I know he's not a part of the family yet, but Austin Thomas Seawright will be my favorite addition to this family. Am I a little bias? Maybe. Austin is one of the best friends and examples I've ever had in my life. I know I've quoted it before, but the more time I spend with this boy the truer this quote gets: "Whatever souls are made of, his and mine are the same." We are usually on the exact same wavelength and have so much fun together. Austin has been so good about keeping the gospel a part of our lives - even when we were only dating. I just love everything about him. I want to take care of him and I want him to take care of me. I want our lives together to be an adventure. Through thick and thin. Being sealed to him for eternity will be one of the best decisions I ever make.

Last, but not least (I'll group these three together), Polly Norda Fotheringham, Bruce Emmett Fotheringham and Clara Jane Emmett are my favorite little kiddies ever! I have so much fun with all three of them :] Polly is full of life! I believe that she is always happy - even when she's bawling. It's just right under the surface. You can always get her right back laughing. And she's smart! I'm always surprised by what she has to say next. Bruce is just the most adorable little boy I could imagine. He is so small and compact. I could pick him up and tickle him all day everyday. He's a bit emotional and sensitive, but that makes his laughs and smiles SO much better. Clara is just a dollbaby. I love her smile and her baby noises! She is usually so content and looks around with her big, beautiful eyes :] I can't wait to get to know her personality more as she grow up!

I LOVE MY FAMILY! :]

4 comments:

  1. What a fun post! I'm glad Mom & Erin are your best friends & I'm just one of your very very best friends. Whatev. NBD :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I think the top of your blog should say "Molls Bolls," not "Molls Balls." It's just more aesthetically pleasing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this post Molly! I Love our family too, and it's important to put it into words sometimes. Your Dad and I say all the time how greatful we are. Besides the fact that we Love you, we Like you too and that's why it's so fun to be together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, so how much so I owe you for saying all those nice things? Regardless, it was very nice of you. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete