Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The one with the "Staycation"

On Thursday, Austin picked me up from work and we left for a weekend getaway he'd planned. I was so excited to have a break from work and spend some time with Austin.

We checked into the Hilton in Salt Lake on Thursday evening.

We were so bad at taking pictures this whole weekend. This one is just from Google.
 It was pretty late by the time we got there. We relaxed in our room for a while and just decided to order pizza. After getting Dominos and watching random movies on the TV in our room, we both konked out. haha.

Friday was all planned out. Austin told me he'd planned to eat breakfast, swim, get ready, grab lunch, shop, go see The Help, have nice dinner and stop by his mission friend's wedding reception.

The day followed that plan pretty well. We did wake up late so we just grabbed breakfast at the Starbucks in the hotel and ate at the pool. Since it was a Friday morning, we had the entire pool and hot tub to ourselves. It consisted of us just talking and Austin begging me to race him in the pool - seriously? No. haha.

After swimming, we got ready and walked to the Gateway. We bought our tickets for The Help and got lunch at Applebee's. Yum.

 

The movie was SO good. I'm really glad we got to see it. Austin's mom suggested reading the book last Summer but I never did. Goes to show how much I should listen to my mother in law! But, in my defense, she wasn't actually my mother in law - yet :)

After the movie, we walked around the mall for a bit. We went back to the hotel to get ready for dinner. Austin and I talked and decided to cancel our reservations and pay it by ear. We went to the reception, saw some of his mission friends and went to Smith's to just grap treats for the night. We get ice cream, root beer and chips - the perfect dinner :) We went back to the hotel and watched more movies. We were both so tired.

This is the only picture we took from the whole trip! I love my cute boy.
 On Saturday morning, we got ready and left for Park City. We ate lunch at Good Thymes (I'd never heard or it - but the burgers are pretty good!) and stopped by the outlets to shop for a bit. It was so crowded. We only stayed long enough to hit the restrooms and find something for Miss Clara's birthday (she's turning 1 this month! Cute girl).

Austin planned to take me to Swiss Days in Midway on the way home. We got stuck in all the traffic and both decided it may not be worth all the hassle. We drove back to our apartment and relaxed. Austin moved our living room around so the pull out couch was facing the TV. haha. We turned our apartment into our own little hotel room! We watched movies and ate treats all night. I love spending quality time with Austin.

I'm so grateful for him planning a weekend for us. I think it was good have some real quality time together to just do what we wanted and not worry about anything. I love Austin. I really do love him more and more every day. He is so good to me and I can tell he really cares. Now, it's my turn. I want to do something for him. I'll have to get planning!

2 comments:

  1. CUTE Austin! Molly, you need to tell Austin to talk Jared into doing something like this for his wife...:) Looks and sounds like you both had a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun weekend...Sounds like he's a keeper!!

    ReplyDelete