I'm getting so excited for our trip to Illinois! Austin and I bought plane tickets last month for us to fly out October 12th, land in St. Louis, spend the week with my parents and fly back to Salt Lake on October 19th. It's coming up and I can't wait!!
Austin was actually born in Chicago. We're both Illinois babies! He only lived there for the first year of his life - it's not like he'd remember anything. But, it'll still be fun for him to go back. I would love to visit Chicago but we also want to go to Nauvoo, somewhere Austin has never been. It would be a ton of driving for us to drive to both... about 3 - 4 hours between all three.


We're thinking we may just go to Nauvoo and try to hit Chicago another time. Whatever we work out, I'm sure it'll be fun! It'll be really fun to have Austin see where I grew up and lived every day of my pre-adult life.
 |
| I know this it blurry but it's the Matton Ward buidling - where my dad is still bishop :) |
![[charleston+il.jpg]](https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhEDIKc8DNMMu8JNDE9OLkhG8Mz3LdWUXklRn9q_xj3pqqv7MrAZD5eXQG0IzLTJA4UMEc5c-SvX_XUGNccJcn9C7EG2qv0KKMA2gJ2By-Iv5UeDqx1pZIIFciON99NinJxz8UF50lWQg0/s400/charleston+il.jpg) |
| This is the view of Charleston from above. The main road running off the bottom of the picture heads West, to Mattoon |
.jpg) |
| That's right! The very first Jimmy Johns! This is close now (or a museum?) because it got too small. There's a new and improved building a block away. |
 |
| My Dad teaches at EIU. We never went to a TON of games but it was fun having the university to close to home! |
 |
| Old Main - in the EIU logo. I think ever little girl dreams of living in this "castle" when they become a princess |
 |
| EIU's mascot - the Panthers. I have fond memories of EIU. Going to basketball camp, running on the trails, and even going to a few football and basketball games :) |
 |
| I love this stadium! It's nothing extremely special but I always thought it was so much fun being there! If you see the sign at the top/center of the picture "IHSA Track & Field" - it was the state track meet. I worked there one year when I was in middle school. |
 |
| We even had our graduation in the gym at EIU (this was actually the class of '07) |
 |
| Charleston High School's mascot it the Trojan... laugh all you want. I've heard it before. I probably wouldn't do high school again, if I had the chance, but I have a lot of good memories there. |
 |
| haha. This picture is not from my year... But, doesn't it just make you excited? Well, it makes me excited. |
 |
| When I left home, it was only a couple months after I graduated! I was so YOUNG! |
I would LOVE to go to a football game - EIU or CHS - this Fall. I think it would be so much fun. It'll just be nice to see everyone and have them meet my man! I know Austin is excited. He tells me all the time... and that makes ME more excited :)
What I want most is to show Austin all my favorite places, eat my favorite foods and have him meet my very favorite people! We'll probably spend most of our time with my parents (that's what I'm planning on, anyway) and that's the best way I can imagine it.
Three weeks from today :) In case you can't tell, I'm so excited!
ME TOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete