Today, I'm in such a good mood! Normally, I only work until 5:00pm on Tuesday and Friday. I get off work at 2:00pm on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Believe it or not, I always have things to do after work! I mean, I love it! I enjoy staying busy or I'll just find ways to (subconsciously) stress myself out. But, today has been better than most - and it's been relaxing!
Austin wasn't feeling well around lunch so he told me he'd be home early. Usually, I beat him home. But, not today. I called him at 2:00 and asked if I could get him anything on my way home. I stopped at Walgreens to get him a Coke (in a glass bottle, of course) and guess what I found! Fall colored M&M's. Maybe they've been around. I've just never looked because I learned so well from my mom to pick out the yellow, orange, and brown M&M's from the regular bag - for my glass pumpkin jar, of course! (Yes, I bought that this year too. Also copying my mom.)
Anyway, I got home, snuggled Austin, opened all the windows, caught up on our TV shows, went grocery shopping, decided to make our own salsa, came home, ate sushi, turned on some tunes, he started cooking and I started blogging!
It's so nice outside! It's nice, cool, early fall, evening weather. It even started raining a little while the sun is setting! ahh!
Last night, Austin and I read through our patriarchal blessings and it was great! I mean, it was late. We just couldn't fall asleep so we decided to read them - so we were getting tired by the end of it. But, it's so fun to read about what our lives were, are now, and will be like! It's such a good feeling when you realize all your blessings! Especially the ones that are meant JUST for you. It just goes to show that when you try to do the right things, good things will happen!
I guess today is just one of those days where not everything goes perfectly but, somehow, it's still a perfect day. I've had a headache all day but it's still been so good! We both still went to work and Austin came home sick but we still had fun! We don't have the nicest house, the prettiest clothes, or the coolest cars, but we still have all those things! We have such great friends and family that are always there for us.
We are so blessed. I'm going to eat some chips and salsa :)

No comments:
Post a Comment