So, I love fall. I'm so happy it's here! I love all the colors. I could drive up and down the canyon all day everyday. (Not really, thanks to construction, terrible drivers, and crazy gas prices.) You know what I mean. I love the cool weather. I even love that the sun sets earlier and rises later. I love the anticipation with the holidays coming up. I feel like everyone is nicer in the fall and winter months. Or is it just me? No. It's true.
I'm getting to excited for so many things. Of course the beautiful weather, holidays, and the new season of all my favorite shows to start... But, even thing beyond that. Austin is almost done with his prereq's. I know, I know. He's 24 and still working towards applying for his program. But, I love him. We've been blessed with extra time together, good jobs that built a savings account for us (only to be spend during months of unemployment), and I don't mind that he's not done with school. It's not like he's going to med school or anything that will take years and years and years. Plus, I know he'll be so great working in a hospital. He'll get his LPN, then his RN, probably work for a while, then move on to become a Nurse Practitioner or something. Whatever floats his boat (and makes me MOOLAH). jk. No, not jk. Kinda. Anyway.
I'm excited to start thinking about having kids one day in the not-near-enough future. I'm so excited for kids! I've heard a lot lately about people who have struggles getting pregnant. While I don't consider my miscarriage an ongoing struggle, it was hard! I can't imagine what it feels like. I've always thought about how our kids will look like us and take after us. The thought of adoption has always been in my mind though. I remember when Austin and I got engaged, we talked about how we'd both LOVE to adopt.
Paige gave us a book with 300 questions to ask your fiance before you get married. Here is the link to the book. It is honestly so awesome. I plan on giving it to Erin before she gets married. So great. It just brings up things you never really feel like talking about or even think you need to talk about.
But, Austin and I have really opened up to the idea of adopting from outside the US. I know he would LOVE to adopt from Africa. He loves the people he served in Sierra Leone. He even said he'd like to adopt a 3 or 4 year old so they would have the accent already. My first choice would be to adopt a baby, but honestly, I think it's a wonderful thing no matter what!
At first, I thought all the African art and decorations Austin had were so weird. But, now we have quite a few things hanging up that he brought back from his mission! I think it's so great to be cultured. My uncle Chad has traveled so much and knows so much about other country's traditions and customs. It's so interested to see how different but also how similar we all are.
I'm also excited for our marriage to grow. I look back over the past couple years and realize how far Austin and I have come. My visiting teachers have both been with their husbands for 5+ years. They were telling me how it just gets better and better. You get to know each other so well. You grow as a couple, learning things you never could have learned without them. I look at Austin and me now - I don't know HOW I would live without him. It's like that Brad Paisley song!
I remember trying not to stare the night that I first met you
You had me mesmerized
And 3 weeks later in the front porch light taking 45 min to kiss goodnight
I hadn't told you yet but I thought I loved you then
Chorus
Now you're my whole life now you're my whole world
I just can't believe the way I feel about you girl
Like a river meets the sea
Stronger than it's ever been
We've come so far since that day
And I thought I loved you then.
I remember taking you back to right where I first met you
You were so surprised
There were people around
But I didn't care I got down on one knee right there
And once again I thought I loved you then
Chorus
Now you're my whole life now you're my whole world
I just can't believe the way I feel about you girl
Like a river meets the sea
Stronger than it's ever been
We've come so far since that day
And I thought I loved you then.
I can just see you with a baby on the way
I can just see you when your hair is turning gray
What I can't see is how I'm ever gonna love you more
But I've said that before.
Now you're my whole life now you're my whole world
I just can't believe the way I feel about you girl
Well look back some day at this moment that we're in
And I'll look at you and say and I thought I loved you then
And I thought I loved you then...
Oh man. I seriously cry listening to that song. I don't care who you are. THAT is a good song.You had me mesmerized
And 3 weeks later in the front porch light taking 45 min to kiss goodnight
I hadn't told you yet but I thought I loved you then
Chorus
Now you're my whole life now you're my whole world
I just can't believe the way I feel about you girl
Like a river meets the sea
Stronger than it's ever been
We've come so far since that day
And I thought I loved you then.
I remember taking you back to right where I first met you
You were so surprised
There were people around
But I didn't care I got down on one knee right there
And once again I thought I loved you then
Chorus
Now you're my whole life now you're my whole world
I just can't believe the way I feel about you girl
Like a river meets the sea
Stronger than it's ever been
We've come so far since that day
And I thought I loved you then.
I can just see you with a baby on the way
I can just see you when your hair is turning gray
What I can't see is how I'm ever gonna love you more
But I've said that before.
Now you're my whole life now you're my whole world
I just can't believe the way I feel about you girl
Well look back some day at this moment that we're in
And I'll look at you and say and I thought I loved you then
And I thought I loved you then...
Anyway, I love Austin. He's my best friend. I love that we've seen so many sides of each other. You know how you have a "thing" with someone? Like, an inside joke that no one else understands or a secret handshake or something. I just feel like we are each others "thing." haha. Cheesey, huh? But, I'm serious.
Alright. Austin is going to be home soon and I'll bet ya he'll want dinner. Thanks for reading! :)

I Love Fall too! And even though I'm not a Brad Paisley fan, I'm glad you have a heart and love your husband :)
ReplyDelete