Sunday, October 21, 2012

Fresh Start

Ok, guys. I'm so excited!

Over a month ago, I interviewed at Probst Electric in Heber. Mattie, who I've known since Austin and I were dating, works there at the front desk. She told me to apply in the first place. The interview went well. I really felt good about it afterwards. After over a month of waiting for them to get back to me, I just stopped thinking about it. I figured they weren't hiring for the position anymore or forgot to tell me they'd hired someone else. BUT!

On Friday, October 12, I got a phone call from Mary, who interviewed me. She apologized for taking so long to get back to me and offered me the job! This is a full time job with a pay raise from where I am now. Of COURSE! I walked out to the living room, trying not to give it away on my face. Straight-ish faced, I told Austin, "Oh, that was Mary... from Probst..." He looked at me like, Uhh huh... What does she finally have to say...? Oh no big deal... "She offered me the job!!" Ahh. So fun! So, we quickly had to decide what to do. Do I quit the job I have now? Do we move? Initially, when I interviewed for jobs in Heber, we'd planned on moving if I got one. But, since then, we'd signed a new year lease at our Provo apartment. Ugh...

So, we decided, over lunch at Nicolitalia's, that we would move to Heber. Ahh! Luckily, we were deep cleaning that weekend! Like - when I got the phone call, we were going through all my old crap. So, we cleaned the rest of the weekend and put our apt on ksl.com on Monday night. I kid you not. Within one hour, we had a couple at our apartment, telling us they wanted the place. BLESSINGS!

Then, the real fun (not really) started. Apartment hunting. We'd been looking around for a while, but basically everywhere we'd liked before was rented out - complexes we liked were full. It just didn't look good. We considered just living in North Orem and having me commute. We even drove out to the Timberlakes to look! Nothing. We couldn't stay with Austin's parents because they JUST sold their house. (Literally. Yesterday. Sold.) Paige offered their future home but that means we'd need somewhere for 6 months. So, while we were finally waiting in the parking lot of Elmbridge, ready to race this Hispanic lady in to try qualifying for low-income housing, I tried calling Liberty Station, which had been full, one more time. The lady told me she just had someone cancel (THAT DAY) for the EXACT apartment we'd been wanting. Before I hung up the phone, Austin threw it in reverse and headed to Liberty Station.

First, we walked around the open unit - so, the actual one we'd move into. It is SO nice! I mean, it's brand new. Still small, but 3 bedrooms and 2.5 bathrooms. Best part? A GARAGE! ahh. I could die. We talked to the lady in her office, filled out ALL the paperwork, and we're now crossing our fingers that we can get in! Since it's income-based, we have to wait to be approved. I'm sure we will but waiting is always hard. ahh!

So, we got everything turned in by Thursday evening. I started packing with Erin on Thursday. Friday night, we didn't really have time to pack much because of the End of Year party for my job. Saturday, Austin and I got the whole kitchen and living room packed. Our living room is filling up with boxes!

We're planning on doing the "big move" this next Saturday, the 27th. But, if we get approved anytime sooner, it might be night to start moving stuff up there. Paige and Lorin said we could use their couch, queen bed, and anything else in their storage unit until they have their house built. Ahh! Life savers! I'm sure there isn't much else we would really want to borrow. But, the bed will be nice for my parents and anyone else to sleep in, and we don't have a couch at all! So, it would be great to at least borrow a nice one until we can save up or find a good deal.

It's all moving so fast! I can't wait to move! I just hope it all works out. So many people have been willing to help! We just don't have ALL that much stuff... but, I appreciate everyone who has offered! My visiting teacher, Mary, brought over some bubble wrap and packing peanuts. I didn't think I'd need all of it but it's already gone! haha. I'm so grateful for all of our friends and family.

This move just seems different from the other (THREE) that Austin and I have done. I mean, he even helped me move from one apartment to another while we were dating, then about a month before we got married, he helped me move to our first apartment, then up to Heber after a month or so of marriage, and finally back to Provo in September 2011 - 3 months after we got married! That's a lot of moving. But, this move seems bigger. Like, we're moving our lives! When we lived in Heber before, we knew it was temporary - and we both still worked in Provo. Now, since we ultimately want to end up in Heber, I feel like this is a bigger step! We could end up here! I mean, not in this townhouse. But, I love Heber. I hope it works out to stay there.

In all this madness, I haven't even had time (or energy) to get excited or nervous about my new job! Maybe that's a good thing. But, I'm anxious to start! We'll move in on the 27th and I start my job at 8:30am on the 29th! I bet it'll be great. I know the people there are really nice. Plus, Mattie will be there in case I have a panic attack :) But, she gets married on November 1st! Ahh! So much excitement :)

Anyway, I just had to get all this out. We (well, I) have wanted to move to Heber for so long! I'm so happy we're finally getting this chance! Our house may be pretty bare, we might go broke after I spend all our money trying to decorate it, and my brain might be scrambled for a while but, it'll be fiiine. Thanks to everyone for listening to me jabber about it all! In one week, we'll be in our new place!!


2 comments:

  1. So excited for the new chapter in your life! And I can't wait to stay with you over the holiday's:) Party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! I didn't know all the details, so it was fun to read about all of them! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete