Thursday, November 8, 2012

The big move


Oh man. So much has been happening! We’re in our new place in Heber. I’m working at my new job. We went to our new ward – but only Sacrament Meeting. We haven’t met any of our new neighbors… but, I don’t know how much we’ll have in common with any of them so, my hopes aren’t up too high for that. I’m sure we’ll meet some of them at church. I think there are several nonmembers in our neighborhood, though. So, we’ll see.

I’ve been sick – mostly with a sore throat. I hate being sick. It just throws your whole day off. I don’t feel good in the morning so it’s off to a rough start. And by the time evening comes, I’m worn out! So, we still have unpacking to do. I didn’t realize how many “projects” we have, too! We need to paint our dresser, finish our kitchen table, and possibly re-finish our bedside tables. For our kitchen table, we’re in the process of removing a laminate top from the wood underneath. It’s harder than it sounds. It’s an old table, so the laminate keeps breaking of in pieces. (You’d hope it would just come off in one nice sheet… nope.) The glue is still pretty strong so it’s ripping up some of the wood in chunks! Ahh! It’ll be a fun sanding job for Austin… I bet we’ll just fill those holes in with putty.

So, aside from all our projects, we still need to hang up all our pictures and decorations. We moved from such a small place to (what we feel is) such a big place! I mean, we don’t have enough stuff to fill it up! Paige and Lorin have been SO awesome to let us borrow furniture! We need so many little things like bathroom rugs, hand towels, lamps, shelves, a new comforter! Wahh! I don’t know how we’ll ever catch up without spending a fortune! I guess we’ll just watch ksl… I wish it were summer so we could go garage sale-ing! If any of you have ANY Good Will/DI stuff, we might be able to use it! So, let us come dumpster dive first! At this point in our lives, that’s what we’ve got to do! Re-purpose J

I’m loving my job. I mean, so far, I’ve just being covering for Mattie at the front desk. But, my boss is SO nice and everyone is pretty helpful. I think I’ll really like it here. I just need to get the hang of things. It’s weird learning how to do MY job while I’m learning how to (temporarily) do someone else’s job. But, I can’t complain J

I feel bad Austin has to commute. This semester has been rough. I mean, he can do it! He’s so smart! He’s just not taking fun classes, they’re in the afternoon – after he’s done at work, and he knows he has to drive all the way home afterwards. I don’t blame him. It’s hard enough for me to get up some mornings and drive two blocks to my job. He’s such a good sport. I’m so grateful for his hard work. Not only does he put up with school, work, and the commute, but he takes such good care of me! He handles our budgeting, he listens to my crazy ideas and rants, and he does it all with a smile. What a guy. I really did marry my prince charming. I just feel bad he got stuck with crazy, weird me! Haha. I love him.

I’m so excited for Erin to go to Disneyworld in January! She got into the program and was assigned to work retail – in one of the shops or something. But, a few weeks ago, I drove her to Salt Lake so she could try out to be a character – and she got it! She is so much fun and too cute NOT to be a character! I’m so excited for her! I see her posting on Facebook, talking to other people who are going. I hope we can go visit her! I’ve never been to Florida… and this would probably be the only reason I’d ever go ;)

Paige and Lorin are getting closer and closer to having their brand spankin' new house! ahh! I'm so excited for them! They're living in Midway right now, pretty close to where they're building, actually. They've been in their townhouse all summer so they totally deserve this house! :)

Just before Halloween, Ben and Courtney announced they were pregnant. Wahoo! I’m so excited for them! Clara will be such a great big sister J I can’t wait to see them at Christmas! It’s only been since August, but it’s been FAR too long since we’ve seen them last! Same goes for my parents! Ahh! I’m getting so excited for Christmas!!

Speaking of Christmas, I told Austin we’re just leaving all the Christmas stuff out while we’re organizing and packing up all the Fall stuff. He doesn’t want to decorate this early but he’ll be glad when I’m not whining for him to move all the heavy boxes (ok, one box…) of decorations at the end of November! So, for any of you that feel like judging me because I decorated so early, just know that’s why… ;)

Well, I think I’m gonna be sick. I devoured an entire bag of cough drops in two days and I feel like you’re not supposed to do that. Noted.

Until next time,


No comments:

Post a Comment