Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Full of Thanks

So, I didn't do a "22 Day of Thanks" or whatever on Facebook. It was fun seeing everyone's but, I knew I would forget and - I did - since I was planning on blogging about it. Now, it's almost December! So, I'll do a list right here for you all to read.

- My family. They are so supportive and tons of fun. I love how close we all are. Have I ever mentioned that...?
- My friends. Sometimes, I get so sad thinking "I just don't have a best friend." But, really. I have a lot of really really good friends. My absolute BEST friend would probably be in my actual family so, I'm grateful for so many friend that I can count on.
- My job. I'm so lucky and I need to remember that. I love my job. The people are so nice. It's a good, stable, full time job.
- Our home. We're really blessed to live where we do. I love that we have so much extra space to offer to friends an family. We, by no means, have a mansion. But, it's nice having a "guest" room for anyone who needs it. So many people have been so generous to let us stay with them. It's great to be able to return the favor.
- Our health. I'm so glad (knock on wood) that Austin and I are both healthy. We may have gained our "newlywed weight" but we don't have cancer, we don't have any life threatening diseases, we don't have to take medicines to keep us alive. I'm so grateful for that.
- The Gospel. Growing up in the "mission field," I think I had a slightly easier time recognizing that we were really lucky to be born into the Gospel. Austin and I both grew up in homes who know and teach the fullness of the Gospel, we've always known to pray and turn to Christ for comfort and guidance. In a world with diminishing hope, it's so wonderful to know of Heavenly Father's plan for us.
- Music. I love music. Sometimes, it's nice to be in the silence and just think. But, I listen to music everyday. Music helps us express feelings and emotion that plain old words can't. I love the harmony and rhythm in all types of music. I love singing and (as of late) Austin LOVES whistling... which is quite fun. 
- Facebook. Call me crazy. But, I have a lot of friends and family that don't live near enough for me to visit them often. Facebook is such a great way to keep in touch and really feel a part of others' lives. Granted, it's a bit over-done, even (especially) by me. But, I'm thankful!
- Food. There's something I could stand to give up. I'm a little too grateful. haha. But, more recently, I've branched out and tried new foods. It's so great! I love being able to choose what I want to eat. I love being about to taste food from other countries and cultures. 
- The mountains. Maybe I could say the outdoors but, let's face it, I'm not "outdoorsy." I wish I were. I wish I had a better appreciation, but the mountains sure make for a great view. They're gorgeous. I love the snow on the peaks.
- Modern medicine. What would we do without it? Who really know how much good vs. bad medicines have done for human health... But, I'm grateful I can get rid of a bad headache or open up my sinuses in 20 or 30 minutes.
- Agency. I have a hard time being thankful for this when I think of how many mistakes I've made (or how many hard decisions I don't like making) but it really makes us who we are now. I've grown and learned lessons because of my past choices - and that's why I am who I am now.
- Transportation. I'm so glad we get to see people so far away from us. We can travel and get so far away so fast. What a blessing! I don't think I would have EVER survived as a pioneer, but I'm sure they were grateful for wagons and handcarts at that time. Good thing they didn't know about airplanes.
- Dancing. Although I may be terrible, I love dancing. Mostly when I'm alone... but, I love it. Even if you don't like dancing, watch someone else dance! It makes me so happy.
- Rain and snow. I think I may actually love these equally - but maybe that's because I've never felt like we've had to much of either. More often that not, precipitation is a blessing. It makes things grow. It fills the lakes my family loves boating on. It's beautiful.
- Cell phones. They may go along with Facebook. But, I'm grateful to be able to call my mom (5 times a day) when I have one simple question. I'm grateful I can ask Austin if he made it down the canyon ok in the morning. I'm glad I can even get on Facebook... on my phone! haha. Ok. That one doesn't matter soo much. But, they're quite nice to have.
- Laughter. I'm so grateful that humor exists in this world. I love seeing people laugh and smile. I love when everyone is just happy. Whether it's a 2 year old or 82 year old, hearing their laughter will brighten anyone's day.
- Washers & Dryers. Oh man. Add a dishwasher to that list. I'm sure I could make do without them. But, boy are they great to have around.
-On a more serious note, Modern-day Revelation. How great is it that we can pray any time we want. I'm so glad Heavenly Father doesn't go to sleep one time-zone ahead of me. It's so amazing getting an answer to your prayer. It's a huge comfort knowing that we aren't alone here. We can receive answers to our concerns and learn great lessons.
- The Atonement. How long do you think anyone would last on this earth if they were doomed after the first mistake they made. It's so wonderful that, although we're far from perfect, we can continue to strive for perfection.
- A Prophet - and past Prophets. You read in the scriptures about such great men. I even hear my mom talk about remembering when she first heard an important statement or specific teaching from years ago. How wonderful that we are witnessing that! We have a prophet here on the earth - teaching us, giving us guidance directly from our Heavenly Father. We are all so blessed.
- The scriptures. I love that we have the teachings from so long ago. I'm so grateful for Joseph Smith and all his sacrifices. I'm so grateful that he could translate the Book of Mormon for us to read and learn from. 

There are my 22 Days of Thanks. I guess I could keep going but, then I would end up telling you how grateful I am for stickie notes or Nutella, which... are both wonderful. But, I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I love the holiday season. Count your blessings.



No comments:

Post a Comment