Thursday, April 8, 2010

The one where Kirsten visits!

Oh my gosh.
I don't even know how to describe how excited I was to have my best friend visit from Illinois :] Kirsten and I have been good friends since my junior year of high school. More often than you'd think, people even tell us we look alike! Probably more when she had her natural brown hair :]


Kirsten flew into Salt Lake on Saturday, March 13th. I didn't have any pictures until now (I got them from her camera.. haha)
When she got here, it was raining so we couldn't go shopping at the Gateway like we'd planned. Instead, we ate at Wingers in Salt Lake, drove around for a little bit, then ended up shopping in Sandy - at an indoor mall :]


By the time we finally got back to Mapleton, THIS is what it looked like. I'm sure Kirsten was excited for snow on Spring Break.
Welcome to Utah! :]


Despite the gross weather, we still went out. We went shopping a little bit more and got some dinner. The rest of the weekend was just talking and catching up, then going to church and dessert night on Sunday.

I wasn't about to skip out on fun in Mapleton and dr
agged Kirsten along with me to all my usual events :] We went to FHE on Monday - a date auction. Then, on Tuesday, we went to Enrichment Night (Relief Society Activity, I guess) She got to see just how much fun my singles ward is :] But, it was still fun! She even helped me make the food for Tuesday night.

One downside on this trip was that my car battery died :[ It lasted until I got Kirsten to the airport on Thursday, but we had to jump-start the car 4 or 5 times. That wasn't really fun.


Even with my car's sad condition, we made it down to Riverton to the Fotheringham household on Wednesday :] Kirsten and Polly hit it off from the start. They were so funny. Even Bruce warmed right up to her! That night, Paige and Lorin were both gone, so we babysat, made treats and watched movies with the kids.


I wasn't the only one sad to see Kirsten go the next morning. Polly still mentions my "friend that has hair like Sleeping Beauty."


It was so much fun having her here for the week! Everyone loved her. Hopefully she can visit again! :]

2 comments:

  1. We are glad you invited us to read your blog - thanks. It sounds like you had a good time with Kirsten. We are also glad your dad was able to replace you battery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pictures of my kids! ...or just Polly I guess...it was fun having Kirsten here. I think I had a dream about her...weird deja vu.

    ReplyDelete