I'm really interested in The Color Code - a personality test. I think it's interesting to learn more about and understand the people around me and why they think and act the way they do. I've taken the test a couple different times and got (basically) the same results. I'm roughly 60% yellow, 30% white and 9% red. Oh.. And maybe 1% blue :]
Here is a short summary of what all the colors mean:
Can you understand how I'm such a major yellow now? I like to remind myself that just because have only a tiny bit of blue doesn't mean I'm not sincere or loyal :] Taking this test helped me learn so much about myself.. I understand so much now! Yellows tend to be really indecisive and sort of avoid commitment. It's not that I'm scared of commitment of any type. I just want to make sure I'm ready for it and, being so indecisive, I never know if I'm actually ready for anything. Does that make sense?
I've been talking to a few of my friends about marriage and dating. They act like they're totally ready for married life. Are you serious? Don't get me wrong, if it happened to me, I'm sure I'd be thrilled. It just makes me so anxious thinking about the expectations people may have. I'm not looking for marriage. I might be looking for a husband, but I don't need him to be my husband right now. I need some time to figure myself out.
I'm 20 year old LDS girl. I feel like I'm running out of time and that's ridiculous. I'm going to enjoy this time I have to live life. I look forward to finding that guy and he's bound to be awesome (I mean, I can't deny that..), but my hopes are that we can get to know each other super well first. I'm looking for someone who will not only support and sustain my future family, but a man that will help me become the best person I can be. I need someone who can see me at my best and my worst and love me all the same. Someone I laugh with. A lot :]
Most importantly, I need time to become what he is looking for. If I found "Mr. Right" right now, I'm afraid he would pass me by. I don't feel like I'm ready yet. I'm just getting my balance and I hope we find each other when I have both feet on the ground. Maybe that's wishful thinking, but that's what I'm hoping for.
Sidenote: I just really hope he's a red personality type. Maybe blue.. What would happen if I fell in love with another yellow? haha. We would have too much fun playing and not enough time working.
I'm sure I'll figure it all out - well, actually.. I probably won't. But, I feel like things are coming together. I'm moving right along. I'm so thankful for the people in my life. I don't know what I would do without the support group I have. If you're reading this, then I definitely appreciate you :] for taking the time to look at my blog and read my post. You're wonderful!
PS.. I promise I'll post some fun pictures next time! I always like the posts with lots of pictures :]
You're right -- you running out of time is ridiculous! ENJOY!!! :-) :-) :-)
ReplyDeleteHa ha yay I found your blog! I love finding people's blogs. You are seriously so cute and fun (definitely a Yellow). You will have no problem finding a great guy. And you have plenty of time!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Lynne! I'll sure try :]
ReplyDeleteAnd, Laura, that makes me feel better! Thanks so much :] I'm not too worried.. But, living in Utah County is crazy. Marriage and dating are all people think and talk about.
Too often life sends us things faster than we think we can handle or slower than we would like however it all works out as long as we keep our focus on the right things. I agree you are yellow with some blue but white, as well. You are a good listener and peacemaker and some day some lucky guy is going to recognize all the good things in you and ask you to marry him when you are sick and loaded up on medicine. (No, wait. That last part was your mom when I asked her to marry me.)
ReplyDeleteHaha. I hope you're right - not about the sick & on medicine part. But, I'm trying to stay patient and figure out what life has already given me. Thanks, dad! You're the best. I hope I find the perfect guy for me, just like mom found the perfect man for her! Love you!
ReplyDelete