I've been working 35+ hour weeks.
I have amazing friends.
I have the best family.
I love living in Provo.
I'm actually getting a tan! Well, at least tan for me :]
I could actually make a huge list of all the great things that have been happening, but most of all, I'm glad I'm learning more about myself. I'm learning who I am, and with that, I'm finding the differences between my wants and needs.
I'm realizing which people care most about me...and who I care about most. There is a big difference between the amount of time you can spend with someone and the kind of time you can spend with someone. It's sort of like quantity vs. quality. I've been trying to make the time I spend more meaningful. I want to actually know the people I'm with so often.
Another thing I've been working on is my resolve.
verb - to clear away or dispel (doubts, fears, etc.)
noun - a resolution or determination made, as to follow some course of action.
I want to set goals and carry them out. I don't want to have to start over on anything. I mean, even this blog...I forgot about it for almost two months! I just want to be more on top of things. I know I can only work on one thing at a time. But, I need to start with the important ones. I'll get my priorities straight and, once I'm doing what I should be, all the little things will hopefully fall into place. I want a strong resolve.
I also want to be the kind of friend everyone wants to have. I hope I'm dependable. I want the people I love and care for to feel like they can come to me for anything. I know I've always looked for (and sometimes expected) that from others, but I want to be that!
It's easy for me to make a list of all the things I want to be...I doubt that list will ever end. But, I'm going to work hard. That, in itself, requires a strong resolve and determination. But, I'm so blessed to have so many wonderful examples around me. I see so many people that I wish I were more like. That's what we're here for, right? To help each other out!
One day, I might figure out life. I won't count on that actually happening, but I'll keep trying and make sure to have a good time doing it! Someone once said, "Life is all about the story and the flavor." I thought he was crazy at first. But, I guess that's actually something to think about :]
Count your many blessings and use the talents you've been given!
I like the new look to your blog especially the picture. Well done. Also, now I like the word resolve. With it, the important things do fall into place. Maybe not where you expect them to (e.g. Illinois) but they do.
ReplyDeleteThanks, pops! And, I sure hope you're right. I'll just try to do what I know I should.
ReplyDeleteYou go Milly! Thanks for your thoughts, I think I need more resolve as well. And you're right, we do have the best family!
ReplyDeletePreach it, gurl! No really, I love it. I've been creeping your blog for a while now and I was excited to finally see a new post! :) You are awfully inspiring. I'm going to work on my resolve, too! Love youuu! :)
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad someone found it somewhat enlightening! Erin, creep me all you want.
ReplyDelete