Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The one with the lovey dovey (kinda)newly-wed Valentines day

Here we go! Our first Valentines Day as married people. Big step! Even bigger expectations! haha. Just kidding. Our Valentines Day wasn't too elaborate. It was perfect!

This is a photo from the calendar Paige makes every year for the family. It's full of fun pictures that EVERYONE looks at when they come over. I love it!
Before Valentines Day even started, we had a surprise! Austin and I ran to Park City and Heber on Monday night. We shopped a little at the outlets and stopped in Heber to see his parents. They gave us a cute heart ornament that says, "I can resist anything but temptation." It's hanging right by my fridge! Very suiting :)

But, when we came home from Heber, we found these little guys stuck all over!! Cute huh?


I love them! I don't want to take any down! I took some more pictures the next morning so I'll post those, too.


For breakfast, I made a smoothie for my handsome man. He was working on a job application/AutoCAD assessment all morning. Such a hard worker.


I know, I know... He needs a haircut. But, I love his long hair. Plus, our clippers broke and he never remembers to go get it cut.
Side note: He's applied for a couple jobs and we're really optimistic about them! Any prayers or crossed-fingers would be much appreciated! 

Don't worry... I didn't forget to make myself a smoothie either. Thanks to my little blender, I make smoothies ALL the time. yum! Since it's such a special day, I found it appropriate to add whipped cream to make it a treat! Neither Austin or I can remember why we have a can of whipped cream in the fridge but was a nice surprise today!


While I worked on Austin's surprise, I let him play video games. Neither of us really like the idea of having tons of video games but, Austin already had this game from before we were married. I don't mind him playing it every now and then. Plus, it's relaxing for him.


THIS is the surprise I was working on ALL DAY. Okay... it took like 10 minutes. But, I thought hard about what to do.




Austin really loves Nickel City, an arcade in Orem. It's really pretty run-down and gross. But, I'll admit, it was decently fun the one time I went. I'm sure, with his group of friends, it would be even more fun.

So, I spelled out "Happy Valentines Day" with nickels and added some Reeses (his favorite candy) in "I love you." Then I made him pose.


I'll spare you all the pictures of his "model" pose. haha. Austin is a big weirdo. And I love him.

With all these coins, we'll just have to hit up Nickel City sometime soon! And enjoy the candy in the meantime :)


Here are the better (still not super great) pictures of the "heart attack." I think I know who did it (COUGHBen, Courtney, and ClaraCOUGH) but, we'll just keep it a secret for fun. But, I really think it's so cute. Such a simple thing can mean so much to someone and it really did!


I'm just going to tell myself Clara stuck these two hearts on the snowmen... She may not have, but those little guys are her size (or smaller) and it's funny to me.


Our fancy shutters...


Another view of our door...


Ok... I went a little crazy with these pictures but, seriously... So fun.


Last one, I swear. A close up of the hearts with writing on them. Whoever it was that did this... We love you too!


Around 5:30, Austin locked me in our room for maybe 15 minutes, then told me I could come out into the living room, but not in the kitchen. While I was sitting in the living room (blogging), he told me to stay out of the bedroom for a while. He came in and out of our room a few times, then went back to the kitchen to cook.

A cookin' fool! A very cute one, at that!
So, this is the surprise I'd been banished to wait for! Austin had made a whole candle-lit dinner for us! It was amazing. I've always known Austin is a wonderful cook... but, wow! It looked so good - and tasted even better!

I had just read a super cute card Austin gave me. He is such a sweetheart.
Amazing, right?? This dinner was rosemary baked chicken with asparagus and real, home-made mashed potatoes. Austin made his own yummy cranberry sparkling drink (so good) and I had a bottle of Martinelli's that I got out afterwards.

For dessert...


Ben & Jerry's. Gosh. This boy...

This is just an idea of what it really looked like - in the dim lighting.
(I forgot to blog about this last night! I accidentally skipped right to How I Met Your Mother!
But, this is a good part!)

On the card he made for me, was a coupon for a couple's project from Wood Connection! (he had to make sure he added couple's so his effort didn't go to waste) But, I'm so excited! Wood Connection is where we got the Nativity and "Noel" letters I made for Christmas. I also had pumpkins out for Halloween but never blogged about that. They have almost anything you could think of - made of wood! Ready to be painted, mod podged, glittered, whatever your crafty mind (if you're blessed with a crafty one) can think of!


He said he had planned on watching a good chick-flick with me but couldn't find a good one. (Which is probably true. We check Redbox and Netflix often enough and can never find anything worth watching.) Instead, we watched How I Met Your Mother while we drank our "bubbly."

We used the self-timer to get a few good pictures to document the best night we've had in a long time. I'm so thankful for my man.


These are the glasses Austin's parents got for us when we got married. We stayed at the Blue Boar Inn on our wedding night. Austin's parents had these glasses and a bottle of sparkling cider waiting for us. I took a picture like this on our honeymoon and thought I'd take another this time, too. Such good memories.


Austin and I talked about how, for almost 2 years now, we've been together almost (seriously, it's pretty close) every single day. Obviously, when he was in Wyoming, that was impossible. But, even then, we saw each other every weekend and spent every minute together that we possibly could.

I love Austin. He couldn't have made this Valentine's Day more perfect. I'm so grateful for such a wonderful husband and such great examples we have of real love. We're so blessed to have such amazing parents and families. I'm so happy we can carry on the happiness in our own marriage.

I would do anything for Austin and I know he would do anything for me. It's such a great feeling to have that unbreakable trust, loyalty, understanding and true love in our relationship.

Happy Valentines Day to everyone! You don't have to have a certain "special" someone in your life to enjoy the holiday. So many people are so bitter about it and I think that's sad. We should love one another every day of the year but it's so nice to have a day set aside to go out of our way to let those we love know just how much we do - whether it be friends, family, or a certain someone. I hope you all enjoyed this day as much as I did. 

6 comments:

  1. I am so glad you took a lot of pictures. I love pictures. IT looks like you guys had a wonderful valentine's day together. You came up with great, thoughtful gift ideas for each other. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, thanks, Emily! I'm glad you enjoyed the post! It was a great day! I hope you guys had a wonderful Valentines Day, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun day you guys had! Never stop being thoughtful towards each other. That's what will make your marriage even better than it is now! You love birds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tell Austin thanks for raising the bar for the rest of us. I don't think painting the downstairs bathroom counts as romantic as what Austin did plus instead of Ben and Jerry's ice-cream we had Jerry's pizza. Major fail, on my part. Oh, well.

    By the way, we got heart attacked, too. I wonder if it was by the same people?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the thought of Clara putting those hearts on the snowmen. What a cutie. Your nickel letters looked so great! Way good idea.

    ReplyDelete