Monday, February 6, 2012

The one with the quote

We all hear good quotes and think, "Huh! I really like that." And, what do we do with them? Write them in our journal or a slip of paper to stumble upon, years later, along with all your other quotes? Some people (an apparently much larger crowd in Utah) make all quotes into some sort of vinyl plaque to hang on the wall and cover the home in uplifting tid bits. I think that's great! - until you have a novel of optimism streaming through your home, too confusing to really grasp.
What I would like to do with the quote I heard it just share it with you. Maybe I'll end up doing something else with it - hang it up in my home or pass it along to someone who really needs it one day. It could be the coincidental timing in my life, but I just really love this quote.

"Satan's hope is that we get impatient with God's timing."

WHOA! Right? Well, maybe not for everyone. But, if you think about it, it's exactly true! This is what I love about a quote. It's a short, simple statement. It doesn't get you thinking too hard at first. I mean, there you have it. Easy, right? Then you get thinking about what the sentence means. Double meaning. Ahhhh...
This is what happened yesterday in testimony meeting. I love it. The guy bearing his testimony, who read the quote to everyone, came across the insightful statement on some professional (unnamed by the speaker) athlete's twitter. Twitter!
And just as I had given up tweeting because I thought no one cared, I found new hope. It's true. hardly anyone follows me on Twitter (thank you, Dad - for being my loyalest follower) so I didn't see the point. Now, maybe I'll give it a chance, in hopes of finding inspiring truths.

Anyway, I hope we can all remember this when we're going through tough times. I mean, I've been job hunting for a month now. I haven't received a ward calling yet and we've been in the ward for 5 months. I haven't even had visiting teachers try to contact me. There are so many other things, too, that I just wonder why they won't work out. I just need to be patient. I need to do what I know I'm supposed to do. I know things will work out. I don't really worry about that. I worry about the timing - the very reason for the quote. I worry about finding a job SOON. But, Heavenly Father has a plan. In time, all the pieces will fall together just the way they're supposed to.

And that, my loyal blog readers, is my two cents for today. I hope you can take something from my ramblings. I'm going to make this a good week. I'll be productive, get things done that I need to, help others, keep Austin motivated through his remaining prerequisite's, do all that wonderful, good stuff... and stay patient.

3 comments:

  1. That is a great quote... I need to have faith that when our work here is done Heavenly Father will let us move closer to our wonderful children. Thanks! I needed that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point at the end. While we need to be patient we also need to be anxiously engaged in good causes while we wait. A few people I've met with have the patient part down and seem to reveal in their afflictions but they don't do the things they need to do to allow the Lord to bless them in ways to further help their situation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could type up some of these quotes and hand them to girls as they come in to Relief society... something like that might actually make me want to go :)

    ReplyDelete