Content
(adjective)
satisfied with what one is or has; not wanting more or anything else.
What about being better than just content or satisfied..? I can't think of the right word for how I'm feeling, but it's one of the best feelings. It's not just one of those "Christmas morning" feelings that are awesome but go away. It lasts a long time - which is way better. I know things are okay. Things are great! It's the kind of feeling you get after taking a huge leap of faith and landing on sweet, solid, wonderful ground :] Life has its ups and downs, but with this feeling inside, that's okay! Like I said before, without all the crummy things in life, I wouldn't appreciate the good nearly as much as I do.
I think since I'm (being forced into) growing up, I'm learning a lot of things the hard way. While that's not really a great thing, real life is teaching me a lot more than a simple warning from my mom could. I used to hate learning the hard way - well, I still do. But, I'm getting to the point where I'm appreciating it. If I had only watched others make mistakes, I would have remembered what not to do only for a short time. When I get pulled over on the interstate on the way home from FHE while my whole ward passes me, having to face them, pay the ticket, go to and pay for traffic school and suffer through a month of my license being suspended, I'm going to remember every second of my mistake...Not that anything like that has ever happened...
I don't know if what I'm saying makes much sense. But, what I'm trying to say is that I'm feeling good about life. I'm learning. I'm becoming a better person. I may not be at the top of the heap...I might still be way down at the bottom. But, I'm working my way up. That's what I have always forgotten. It doesn't matter where you start or what kind of hole you dug yourself into. All that really matters now is where you're going. I learned at institute that Heavenly Father doesn't care where you are now as much as where you're headed. He wants you to end up with Him. That's what matters most. I feel good about where I'm headed. I make mistakes everyday. I make a lot of them. But, my rebound time is getting a lot shorter and I'm dealing with my mistakes a whole lot better than I used to. I'm making progress. Little by little.
I'm so thankful for all my TONS of blessings. I like to think that you'll get just as many (if not, more) blessings as trials if you can just deal with those trials, better yourself, and move on. That makes a trial a blessing in itself, right? :]
I just added this quote to my Facebook page.. "Some believe in destiny. Some believe in fate. I believe that happiness is something we create." Isn't that so true? Heavenly Father has a plan for each of us, but do you think that plan will just carry itself out? No. We have to earn it! I want to be the best I can and receive all the blessings I possibly can. I'm going to keep progressing. Enough backtracking, Molly. Something I still need to learn is that failure is okay. That's how we can best learn lessons - By doing our best and learning how we can be even better! I need to get with it and give it all I've got! But, before I do that, I'm going to sleep. It's way past my bedtime :]
And I thought my simple warnings were working! You're a great girl Molly, stay happy and always remember how many people love you!
ReplyDelete