Sidenote: David is maybe 25. He has tons of tattoos. Dips. Sometimes has tobacco in, even at work. Comes to work hung-over every morning he works. Calls in half the mornings he should be there. He is always trying to push peoples' buttons. He met his girlfriend at Cracker Barrel. Oh, but they just decided to have an "open relationship." Anyway, you get the idea.
So, David was talking to me. After he saw the dried blood on my pants from me falling, shattering a plate and cutting my leg with the pieces, he stopped actually bugging me. I started telling him about my day and how I was just tired and felt like I was getting sick again, all he had to say was "drink some water." Ok. Thanks, David. But, he went on to tell me how that's what his mom would tell him and it worked! She would tell him that if he would drink a gallon (maybe not that much) of water, she would bring him Nilla Wafers and Sprite with a lemon. The way he was telling me made me see him a little differently. He was actually being serious. I thought that was one of the sweetest things I've heard. It was probably just the way he said it and the fact that it was coming from him. But, it really stuck in my mind.
I don't know what to really learn from that. I'm sure straight water won't cure just any illness - and neither will the Nilla Wafers and Sprite afterward. But, the fact that he remembered that from when he was little and told people to do what his mom told him makes me happy. I'll never forget my parents saying "take a hot shower" and "study harder" which, I'm sure, comes from my grandparents. And, maybe now I'll try to just drink a bunch of water and see how it works :] I'm so happy I have a wonderful mother (and father) who continues to take perfect care of me all the way from Illinois :]
That's because we Love you! Hope you feel better today!
ReplyDeleteWehope your next double shift goes smoother than this one did and good luck with the water and cookie cure - we have never tried it yet.
ReplyDelete