Friday, August 20, 2010

The one with all the love

I'll tell ya, love is in the air. I'm probably surrounding myself with all this love talk without even realizing it. Okay, I definitely am. Three of my friends are getting married this weekend. I feel like everyday, someone on facebook has to post about love or marriage. Anyway, in the midst of all this, I stumbled upon this quote.

"Whatever souls are made of, his and mine are the same."

I saw it on a friend's photography blog in an engagement post. I'm sure the bride just said it without really thinking twice about it, but I really think it's so cute and actually meaningful. After reading that and looking at their pictures, I decided that my future husband and I will be just like that. I'm going to marry someone who is on the exact same wavelength as me :] I'm not saying we'll agree on everything and never have any arguments or fights. That's part of the fun in a relationship! Kinda. But, I just know that the man I marry will be amazing and we'll have an amazing relationship.

Like I said, I've been thinking about all this "love" stuff a lot lately. I've been noticing all the couples around me and how awesome they are. For instance, my parents. In most ways, they are so similar. I'm sure that came with living together for years and years, but they agree on pretty much everything. Still, they seem to compliment each other. It's just amazing to me that any situation that may come up, there aren't any gaps in their relationship. Together, they can handle anything. I love my parents and admire them both so much. This past weekend, my dad was visiting. I got to see him on his own - without my mom. Still the same awesome dad, but missing his other half. It's just funny the way they fit together so perfectly.

While my dad was here, most of the Emmett side of the family went to Logan for an FHE at the Twin Pine Ranch (my Grandma & Grandpa Emmett's house). There, the Emmett boys (my dad and his brothers), along with some of the grandsons, gave both my Grandma and Grandpa blessings.
My Grandpa has been fighting quite a few different illnesses and cancers and is currently dealing with treatments and surgeries because of them.
It was so good to hear such wonderful things about that couple. They are quite amazing. They've raised such an unbelievably great family. The love they have for each other, their kids, grandkids and now, great-grandkids is so real and strong. Family has always always been first for them. I've learned so much from them and hope to keep learning more!

The same goes for my Grandma and Grandpa Freeman. My mom's parents are like a two piece puzzle. I know we may laugh and joke about it, but their relationship is so awesome. My Grandma is just a social butterfly. She knows about everyone and what they're doing. She could talk and tell stories all day. It's really interesting to hear how much she knows about family members and friends. She has a huge heart. My Grandpa is the same - well, having a huge heart. He, on the other hand, doesn't talk half as much. But, he would do anything for a family member or friend in a heartbeat. He's a hard worker and a really caring man. I can tell he loves my Grandma so much. I love their relationship :]

I could do on and on but, you get the idea. My siblings (who are married) have the exact same relationships. They just fit together and I think it's so great that they found each other in this world full of people. I love love! One day, I'll figure it out and have that perfect man for me. Then, I'll trick him into marrying me! ha. I'm kidding. I just know that things are falling into place. Life is so good. I'm counting my blessings and trying to do what is right. I want to be ready when the time comes for me to marry my best friend, my other half :]

2 comments:

  1. Life Is Good! You come from a long line of great people and happy marriages, so you have some great examples to follow.

    ReplyDelete