Monday, November 21, 2011

The one with not enough time

I was just talking to my friend about her holiday plans. We were talking about fmaily and what we were doing for Thanksgiving weekend, then we got talking about Christmas. Oh boy... It's supposed to be the best time of year but, between all the traveling and planning, it get's chaotic! This year shouldn't be bad at all for Austin and me. But, when families live close, it cuold get crazy! My friend was talking about trying to split time between her parents and her in-laws. They all live in the Provo-Orem area. That sounds awesome, right? I know she's thankful that he family is so close, but I know she also gets frustrated. They'll go to her parents' for presents and traditions on Christmas Eve in the afternoon/evening and head over to the in-laws at night for soup and a movie. On Christmas Day, they'll spend the morning at the in-laws' for breakfast, go to her parents' house during the day, then back to the in-laws' for dinner. It sounds like it's going to work out and that's great! I'm sure this is the case with most families. I just hope the issue of time doesn't consume the entire holiday.
We're so blessed to have family near - whether its year round or they have to travel. I just love this time of year. I want to start some traditions to help us remember Christ at Christmas time. I'm so excited about the little nativity I bought for us at Wood Connection. I get to design it and decorate it the way I want. I'm happy we found something fun to put in our home to help us remember the birth of our Savior. I'm really excited for this holiday season. I have my husband and all my other family members near. It's going to be so great! I just hope we can all keep in mind everything we should be thankful for - even after Thanksgiving. The entire holiday season should be a season of thanks and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment