So, Erin's birthday, Lorin's birthday, done. Thursday, I had an appointment with the adorable Louisa to get my hair cut. I mean, it was already cut. I just needed some layers and more texture. So, I drove to Provo with Austin. He ran errands, I sat, talked, and let Louisa do her thing. It was so good chatting with her. She's married to one of Austin's best friends (one of seven... hence, VH7... well, there are really like, 9 of those guys). She's a lot of fun. I like hanging out with them and their precious little girl, Kelly.
On Friday, I told Austin I just wanted to lay around after work - not go drive anywhere, no big plans, just hang out. So, I talked to Paige and she said they wanted to watch The Amazing Spiderman (plus, they just bought new TV so.. yeah). So, she cooked us dinner, we brought treats and the movie, and we hung out there all night. I was the worst at talking through the movie. I'm always the worst. But, Austin is used to it. And, he'll pause it so we don't miss anything. But, I get ever WORSE when we're with people and I just try to ask something real quick. Then, while they're trying to explain something, I miss something else. Anyway, I'm obnoxious. But, I really liked the movie!
So, Saturday, we just slept in. ahh. It was so nice. I seriously think we slept in until like, 10:00. I loved it. We got up, watched a little bit of TV, then Austin got ready and went to his parents to help them with something while I took my sweet time getting ready. I like taking my time sometimes. When I was done I headed over, picked him up, then we went to Park City to shop at the outlets. We drive through Burger King on our way.
Ok. Why didn't anyone tell me that Burger King is actually good? Good fries, Dr. Pepper, and their burgers... I'd give a 4 out of 5. Not my favorite. But, still pretty stinkin good.Anyway, we got all our Christmas shopping done!! wahh! I'm so happy. I even have all my December birthday shopping done! - which is a lot in our family.
When we got home, we had lots of wrapping to do! We ran to the store, bought more wrapping paper, then listened to Christmas music while we got all the gifts wrapped. I'm so excited to be done shopping. I LOVE Christmas shopping, but I love it even more when I'm done and I can anxiously await the day my "giftees" get to open them.
For the past several years, we've drawn names at Christmas. Last year, we drew for couples, but usually just draw individuals. So, this year, we all have our own "person." We send out emails with a list of things we'd like. We can choose from the list if we want but don't have to. I love it so much.
Austin and I did gifts our first year - like, way too much. It was nuts. Last year, we said we weren't doing anything but he got me a necklace and I got him cologne. So, this year, we just set a limit. $50 - which is still quite a bit. I'm really excited :) He keeps telling me I'm going to love what he got me and I'll be SO surprised... haha. I guess we'll see!
On Sunday, we all went to Jim and Mary's for dinner. She invited everyone south of Salt Lake. It was a lot of fun to see everyone. I brought a cake and we sang to Will (8), Erin (20), and Lorin (32) for their birthdays. Amanda and I said we would practice a song for Christmas ahead of time, but couldn't find any sheet music we liked. We also decided to all go see Les Miserables the day after Christmas while everyone is in Logan. I'm SO excited. We just bought the tickets yesterday. Anyway, Jim and Mary were so great to have everyone over. I love being at their house. They're so welcoming and so much fun.
Now that I'm done shopping and Christmas is coming up, I need to get the house clean, make sure all the clothes we want to bring are clean, finish all my sewing projects (totalling 8 to be done.. ahh!) and find time to relax and enjoy the holiday season with my honey. Last night, Austin and I started watching How the Grinch Stole Christmas and he fell asleep 20 minutes in! Wuss. So, we decided to finish it tonight. We also bough sugar cookie dough! whoo! I love making Christmas cookies!
Anyhoo, I love my family and Christmas. Life is good.

I also had no idea Burger King wasn't completely disgusting! I really like their fries actually. I'm so sad I'm missing out on family movie fun at Les Mis. I love our family!
ReplyDeleteI'm really looking forward to Christmas and kicking it off again in the Heber Valley will be the perfect start. And, feel free to talk through any movie I'm watching with you. Your comment or questions would likely be better than the movie anyway.
ReplyDelete