This past weekend was so much fun! We have a VH7 party on Friday night. It was our Christmas party - Carson and Simone hosted. I had so much fun! We had dinner, desserts/treats, played games, and have a white elephant gift exchange. It's always so entertaining being around all the boys and their wives.
For those who don't know, VH7 is Austin's group of friends from high school. They lived in the Valley Hills neighborhood in Heber - and there were 7 boys. Well, there are actually 9 now. Over half of the boys are married now and I love the whole group! There are two babies in the group, too! So much fun :)
The game we played - called junk in the trunk - was hilarious. You have an empty kleenex box, attached to a ribbon, and tied around your waist. You fill the box with several ping pong balls and try to get them out of the box without using your hands. So hilarious. Everyone was shakin' it, squirming around, and bouncing up and down, trying to get all the balls out. We were all dying.
For the white elephant gifts, Austin and I brought a tacky mug (the big kind with the lid), with a picture and fun facts about wolves on it - also filled with chocolates. Our other gift was an old school phone that attaches to your cell phone. I ended up with that - purposefully. Score. There were some pretty funny gifts.
We hung out and watched Nitro Circus until we were about to fall asleep - then headed back home. The drive through the canyon is getting a lot quicker (in my mind) so that drive isn't as bad at all.
On Saturday, we were supposed to clean the house. It's just gotten out of control recently. We have a lot going on, I've been sick and working full time. Austin gets up so early for work - then school. So, While Austin was at work Saturday morning, I cleaned up the kitchen and living room.
After cleaning the kitchen, I figured I would dye some pants I ruined a while ago with a stinkin' Tide-To-Go pen. They were light pink and SO comfy. But, I got pen or something on them, then ruined them trying to get it out. So, I decided to dye them red. I think they turned out well! There are a few spots that didn't dye evenly but... what can ya do. So, I had to stand there and stir them for 45 minutes, then I rinsed them in the sink for at least 20 minutes, then washed them twice. Done.
We tried to clean the rest of the day but kept getting distracted. I got ready in the afternoon for Amy and Jared to come up! I miss them. I used to work with Amy and see her every day! Now, I feel like we live SO far away (but they're just in Orem... haha). So, they were awesome and brought cookies and sausage with cheese and crackers (YUM). She also brought me the cutest gift! It was a bag full of chapsticks, Dr. Pepper bubble gum (yes. It's a real thing!!), the cutest infinity scarf, and a pretty headband to match! That girl is the best. To top it all off, they brought us drinks, too!
We went to dinner with them at Don Pedros. We're basically regulars there. haha. I love it, though. It was a lot of fun to talk and catch up! Amy and I met when we worked at Vivint Solar. Then, after I stopped working there, Austin got a job there. In the summer, Amy and Jared headed out to New Jersey to sell for Vivint Solar. So, we've all worked there. So funny.
I laughed so hard while talking to them. We had a more serious conversation about politics and religion, etc. It was really good to hear what they had to say. Jared is so smart and knows a lot about politics - and religion, for that matter!
Their 3 year anniversary was this weekend, too! So much fun. I love those two. I wish we got to see them more often! We'll have to change that and start hanging out more.
Last night, Austin finally convinced me to open my presents early! Evil. But, I LOVE them! He made me open the big one... which was the cutest boots! He picked them out and got the right size and everything! I wasn't going to open the smaller one, but after I opened the big one, he got too excited for me to not open it. It is the cutest watch! I've wanted one for a while! It's white with CZ's around the face. Ahh. I love it :)
I still don't have Austin's gift, but he knew that. I had Paige (and Lorin) order it. But, when it got to their house, it was totally wrong! So, instead of ordering the same thing again, I actually changed my mind and had them order something a little different. So, hopefully it gets here soon! I can't wait for Austin to see it :)
So, this past weekend was a lot of fun! It was nice to just relax yesterday. I kinda/sorta started packing. Hopefully. I can finish tonight because my parents come TOMORROW! I'm so excited to see them!! They live so far away but we still get to see them fairly often (considering). I love having them here. And, this year, Austin and I get to host them in our house! This is probably the only time we'll get to, so I've tried to get the house all clean to make it worth it :)
They'll fly in tomorrow evening, stay the night, then we'll check into the cabin in Midway on Wednesday. We'll stay there until Saturday, then half of the group will head up to Logan and the Fotheringhams and Seawrights will head up early next week. We'll spend the weekend in Heber with Austin's family.
This Christmas break will be so much fun!! I can't WAIT! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment