I've decided to just post as often as I can - no matter how short the post may be.
So, last night, Austin and I ran a few errands after I got off work, then hung out at Paige and Lorin's until they left for the "Interfaith Creche Exhibit." They were helping out there so Austin and I babysat for a couple hours. It's fun being around kids so much. I love that we're seeing them grow up. Polly is getting so good at reading. You can tell Bruce is really getting creative and thinking outside the box. Little Hazel is just full of personality! When Paige and Lorin got home, we hung out for a little while and Hazel kept pulling the funniest faces. Such fun kids :)
So, while we were tending, we ate dinner, cleaned up and (the kids) got pajamas on, we watched Madagascar 3, ate treats, then it was off to bed. They were really so great! They know what to do and can really take care of themselves for the most part! Hazel is so much fun. I love babies. As creepy as that is, and as much as it makes me sound like one of "those girls," I love them.
Austin and Lorin are becoming video game buddies. I don't think either of them play all that often, so it's probably more fun when you have someone to play them with. Paige just showed me some gifts she has for her kids for Christmas and we talked about the cabin. We really want to do a craft but don't want to spend a lot of money on them. So, we were talking about what we could do for that.
Today is Erin's birthday! Paige is heading down to Provo with Bruce and Hazel for lunch. Then, I'll go down after work and take Erin to dinner. I can't believe she's turning 20! Gosh. This is the first time I've really ever felt OLD. I mean, I know I'm not. But, my little sister is 20 now? Cray-zee.
Anyway, I love Erin. I'm excited to spend some time with her on her birthday. I just hope she chooses to go out to eat somewhere yummy... But, srsly ;) She never fails to surprise me (and not just about where she wants to eat). She's so smart and really down to earth. Erin always has such a good grasp on the Gospel and how it plays into her life. She's always been a smart girl. I really look up to her.
She's great. She deserves the best birthday and I hope she gets just that :)

And Erin has a great older sister (really two).
ReplyDelete