First of all, is the saying "Turning a new leaf," or "Turning over a new leaf?" Austin and I had a discussion. I won't tell you who was arguing which side. I'll just say I'm pretty sure I'm right. Duh.
Anyway, I'll start with yesterday. I left work, ran home to powder my nose (heh), then rushed to Provo for my shift in Erin's birthday celebration! I picked "the 20 year-old in a sweater" up on campus, ran her by her house, then we went to Olive Garden to eat. It was next to empty - perrrfect. Who wants to listen to other peoples' lame conversations when ours is so good? So, our waiter was pretty nice at first but I think he may have gotten sick of us. His loss. We're good company, I'll tell ya. So, we got yummy frozen raspberry lemonades, soup/salad, breadsticks, and chatted. I'm pretty sure when our food got there we were both already full, but it was still good aaand I still forced Erin to pick a dessert. The guy asked her like 3 times if she wanted "birthday singing." She declined - as would I.
We got our meals (including our extra breadsticks, stingy Olive Garden) to go and still had time to kill before Erin's All-You-Need-To-Know Disneyworld meeting. We wanted to stop by this cute boutique in Provo but it was closed! (at like, 7:00pm...) Instead, we went to Quilted Bear. If that's granny-ish, then fine. I love it there. Plus, I found my "useful" White Elephant gift.
Sidenote: I love White Elephant gifts. I think it's fun. But, I also think you should buy something somewhat useful instead of spending money on complete crap, only good for a White Elephant re-gift. Or, just do that. I don't care.
So, we finished at Quilted Bear, ran by Smiths to run errands (since running errands without a car SUCKS), ran by her house one more time, then I dropped her off back on campus for her said meeting.
I had a lot of fun! I hope Little Miss did too. I got her nail polish (and dinner...) for her birthday and told her I would paint her nails but we didn't end up having time last night. Next time.
HBD, Erin!
Now, for my next part. I have had stomach aches all week LONG. WHAT THE FRICK. Seriously. I'll like, eat a granola bar and find myself thinking, "Ohh! Why did I eat that?!" Then I'm like, "Wait. That... was just a granola bar." So, everything has been making me feel so gross. Maybe I"m dehydrated. Maybe I need to eat more fiber or something.
So, that's what I'll have to do. More water, fruits, veggies, and exercise. Someone make me stick to it. I was doing really well for months and months. I'm sure I lost weight. But, maybe after we moved to Heber, I just got out of my routine. Who knows.
I've also been really tired. I got home from Provo at 8:30 last night and just wanted to go to bed. I used to turn off my alarm and wake up 10 minutes later, I'm now sleeping in for another HOUR AND A HALF... (today). Grr. So, everyone at work thinks I just rolled out of bed and got here 15 minutes late...because I did.
Hopefully a better diet and exercise will help me. If not, we've got a real problem and Austin will probably leave me within 6 months. Who wants to be married to Honey Boo Boo's mom's soul sister? Know what I'm sayin?
Anyhoo, I hope you're all enjoying your December 5th! Guess what?! Another family birthday today! LoRoFo! (Lorin... Robert Fotheringham is his name.) Paige is taking him shopping at the Park City Outlets today. I hope it's fun for them! And I hope he pick up something good to make his birthday wonderful!
HBD to Lorin, the man who coined the acronym "HBD," which is totally a real thing now.

It's okay. I was late to my job today. My job which starts at 11. Yup. Okay, not late, but almost. And I looked gross too. It's all good :) . . . AND make sure you save your pennies so you can visit your sister in WDW, she should be able to get you in for free and book you discount hotel!!
ReplyDeleteJayme, do you know how many people she can get in for free? My mom, sister, and her 3 kids all wanted to go. Maybe even my sister-in-law and her daughter.
ReplyDelete