This past weekend, Austin and I spent most of Friday and Saturday with the Fotheringhams! Lorin was on a 50 mile (really 80 miles, we found out!) hike with the scouts so we hung out for a couple days to visit and keep them company. It was so much fun going to Polly's soccer game and playing with Polly and Bruce at the beach. Paige and Lorin are so nice to let everyone crash at their house so much! I know that gets tiring but they never say no - which is probably hard to do sometimes! We always have so much fun with them.
Quick side note, it is SO crazy to me to watch kids grow up! Polly will answer the phone, ask me how I'm doing - and wait for me to answer! She is so attentive and learns so quickly! She is the most curious little girl I've ever seen. She asks questions and understands the answers. Polly has always remembered the smallest details. That has always blown me away. This weekend, it was so great talking to her and just having fun! It's not even a chore to be around her! That girl is amazing.
Bruce is just as awesome. He is such a realist. He knows what he likes and sticks to it! Like... Chicken nuggets. That boy will eat them (well, half of however many he's given) for every meal of the day. He is so sharp for his age! He will sit and watch a movie - the whole movie - and only get up for a drink. He doesn't like getting sand in his shoes or anything sticky on his hands. He is so much fun to talk to. He'll open his big eyes to wide and tell you the best stories.
Come to think of it, Miss Clara, Ben & Courtney's daughter, is just as funny (in a good way). She is so attentive and looks at you like she knows just what you're saying. Her facial expressions get me everytime. She knows who she likes (I'm so glad she's warming up to me!) and when the "big kids" get crazy, she gives them the same looks the rest of us give them. She has always been that way. I think she'll be a really good listener - I mean, she already is!
I love spending time with family. After being in Riverton all weekend, we came home to get up early on Sunday for a missionary homecoming - someone in Austin's home ward... We spent Sunday relaxing and watching movies. It was a really good Sunday!
That night, Carson and Simone came over. It was so good to see them! They just got back from summer sales in Missouri (they work for Vivint, the same company I do! But, Carson sells the security systems & home automation - not solar panels) and they'll leave in about a week for post season sales in Arizona. I miss having them here. They are so much fun! It was a lot of fun talking and catching up with them.
This morning, after about 5 hours of sleep, I was not ready for work. I'm still not. All day, I have been calling people and leaving voicemails when no one could hear me! I thought it was weird that I kept getting hung up on. I guess my microphone wasn't turned on. It's just what I needed. By the time I figured it out, it was lunch time. I'm so glad Austin came to eat with me. He always puts me in such a good mood! Now that I'm back from lunch, I've lost my motivation! At least for long enough to post on my blog for today :)
Today, Austin has a job interview! Man, I'm so tired, I could never make it through an interview without letting my eye slip closed. Austin is the best, though. I'm so proud of him and how hard he's been working to find a job! I hope this works out for him. I don't know if I mentioned it, but he is interviewing at the Marriot only a couple blocks away from our new apartment! He would be a supervisor over maintenance. It's not THE best job, but anything at a nice hotel like that would be ideal!
He is interviewing at 3:30 - the same time I get off work. Since he has the car, I think I'll just walk over to the Riverwoods, they have a few shops - like Bath & Body Works :) I'm sure I can find something to do with my time there! Maybe that'll cure my "case of the Mondays."
No comments:
Post a Comment