When Erin opened her bank account early this summer, she was given 2 tickets to the Sugarland concert! Now, I have loved Sugarland since the summer before high school. I've never been the BIGGEST fan, but I've loved them.
This year, they had their Incredible Machine Tour (that's the name of their new album). I was SO excited when Erin asked me to go with her! I had even included one of their songs, Stuck Like Glue, on my wedding video :)
Paige MADE our wedding video and even gave us a copy for our wedding - in a nice case :) Love that. I'm so grateful for her!!
So, the concert was on August 20th at the Usana Ampatheater. Erin and I rushed home from boating with Paige and Lorin (again, thanks, you two!), Ben and Courtney and John and Beth - along with all the kids. We showered, stopped at Arby's in Park City and made our way to the concert!
I hadn't noticed how sunburned I really was. Erin was so smart and applied this lotion stuff - called "sun screen." hm. I didn't even think about it. You can tell by our eyes in this picture that we had been in the sun all day :)
We got there fairly early. It was raining a little bit but, surprisingly, I thought to bring us sweatshirts! How lucky was that... We had lawn seats but were only stuck behind maybe 2 or 3 rows of people. It was still basically the best view you could get from the lawn! I was excited :)
I only got MORE excited when I found out who was opening for Sugarland! Sara Bareilles!! Oh my gosh. We sang all her songs and even took a video of Austin's favorite, King of Anything :)
By the time we got to the car, we were beat. Austin had ridden home with the Fotheringhams and we planned to drive back to Heber that night. Knowing we wouldn't feel up to it, I brought us pajama's and we just fell asleep on the living room floor :)
I really appreciate everything my family does for me. They're always there no matter what! I'm so grateful for the relationships we all have! Not everyone is so blessed. I love spending time with family and wouldn't trade it for anything in the world!
Thank you, Erin, for taking me to the concert. It was a lot of fun!
Paige and Lorin, thank you for always - always - housing us. We apprecite your hospitality and generosity!
I could add a WHOLE lot more thank-you's. But, I'll just keep it simple for now :)




No comments on this one? Lame. We're cute! And that was so fun. I love going to concerts because afterwards I love those artists so much more. Who knew I'd ever listen to Sugarland as much as I do now? I still need to put up your K Bull 93 picture! hahaa :)
ReplyDelete