Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The one with our "bio's"

I saw Amy do this and I thought it was such a good idea. I just want to share a few of Austin and my interests. You know, what we're up to and what we like. So, I'll start with the Mister:

I really am so proud to call Austin my husband. He is such a hard worker. Right now, he's looking for a job - since the pipeline work is through. I know he's trying so hard and I want him to find a good job that he'll like! We'll just say our prayers and do everything we can to find him something good! :)



This is definitely not a picture of Austin, but this is (kind-of) what he's been up to! He's been working as a land surveyor for Summit Engineering, out of Heber. He worked for them before his mission doing more residential areas. After his mission, he started working for them again and was hired to work in Wyoming on a big pipeline. He and two other guys would work all week, come home on the weekends. It was a rough but very benficial point in our dating. He worked on a pipeline in the Morgan/Bountiful/Salt Lake area until about a week ago. He worked to hard every day. These guys would get to the office in Heber by 6:00am, get to the job site by 7:00 and work until they were done for the day - afternoon, evening and sometimes after dark! I remember them pulling 80 hours weeks. Craziness.



Austin has been working so hard in school and work. He actually graduated high school with a lot of his college classes done! I wish we'd had more opportunities like that in Charleston. I know we could take "AP" classes. I took AP English but it wouldn't count for anything. It was kind-of a bummer. But, I really look up to my man. Austin is very determinded. He'll be done here soon with all his prereq's for nursing. Hopefully by Fall, he'll be able to apply for the nursing program! I'm so excited for him to get started with work in the medical field. I'm so proud of Austin and all he does for me and "us."



When I was looking for a good nurse picture, I came across this one! I think it's so funny. Even when I was Google-ing pictures, I typed "Male Nurse" - not just "Nurse." When someone says something about a nurse, I think of a woman. How sexist of me! I'm sure I'll break that habit sooner or later :) There really are a ton of male nurses. Everyone says they're always nice, too! I know the medical field will keep Austin busy and working hard - that's exactly what he likes. He has always said he wants to work somewhere more fast-pase and exciting. I know I don't have the stomach for it but I'm glad there are people who do! Just seeing him fly through his anatomy class and memorize all that information. Amazing.



We've got this bad boy sitting in our driveway. Both cars are technically both of ours. But, this (we’ll say) is Austin’s car! Well, a picture of the kind of car he has… I actually really love it! He got it from his parents. This is what Austin drove while we were dating. The first time I actually met him, he picked me up in this car. It just has a lot of sentimental value.

And for the Mrs...



I have been working at Vivint since January this year. I started in the Customer Support department. In June, I transfered to Retention and only worked there for about a month before I was offered the position I'm in now - Vivint Solar Account Manager. I love my job! We work in our Sales team in New Jersey to install Solar panels into our customers' homes. The set up is really great. I'm excited to see where our sales reps will go next! They try to focus on areas with high electric bills. Austin said if they go to Hawaii (which they may be considering), he wants to sell for them :) Funny boy. In the picture, I'm sitting in front of the "n." Of the 4 of us sitting in front of it, I'm 2nd from the left.



One thing I just love and can’t get enough of is my (knock-off) Scentsy! I love changing the scents and turn it on all the time. Austin and I probably spent 15 minutes smelling scents the other day and didn’t buy any! I guess we’re just that picky :) I do love it though. I like “good smelling things” and have been really conscious of that lately. I just want my apartment (and body) to smell good.



Ok – Major obsession is pinterest.com :) hahaa. I know it’s lame, but honestly... There is so much I want to do because of ideas on that website! Between my blog and Pinterest, who needs Facebook??



This, right here, is my beauty. Well, I have the same car in white…and my spoiler is a little bigger. But, I love it! I love my car so much :) I was hesitant at first with the “quad-coupe” doors. But, I actually love them! I like to think they open like French doors. Well, they do! It’s so nice putting things in the back seat. I know it’ll be nice with a car seat (whenever that day comes…). Anyway, I love my little car.



One thing Austin and I have LOVED to do together is watch Modern Family :) He has the first 2 seasons and we would always watch it together. I know some people don’t want to watch it because of the gay couple. I understand being sensitive to considering some things “normal” when they may not be. But, we take it pretty lightly. I love the dialogue and humor.

Austin and I make a pretty good team! We’re very different but so much alike at the same time. I wouldn’t have it any other way.

1 comment:

  1. Love the "Male" Nurse picture! You guys sound like a fun couple... next time more pictures of you and Austin!

    ReplyDelete