Amy, who still works at Vivint Solar, sent me a text saying "i miss you." I replied with a text for Austin, asking him how school was, telling him I missed him and I mentioned blogging about him. Amy texted back and said, "Oh you did? How cute of you! I'll look at your blog right now!" haha. I don't know why I thought that was so funny but I laughed out loud, sitting here at home... all by myself. I explained everything to her - and told her that I really miss her, too.
BUT, this made me realize how I need to blog about her. She's one of the main topics of conversation coming from my mouth (basically her and my family members... and maybe what to eat for lunch. ha) But, she really is so important to me and one of the most wonderful people I've EVER met!
Amy Dallin is so patient and really knows how to brush things off and put a smile on her face. She never lets anything really get to her if she can help it. She's so emotionally strong and has taught me so much - just by example! We've shared a lot of personal stories with each other and I know I can really confide in her.
One thing I was thinking about (in the beginning, it was just to make me "feel better" after losing my job) is that everything happens for a reason. I really do believe that. I think most people do. Even if you can't figure out why something bad happened, it may be just to make us stronger. At Cracker Barrel, sparing you the details - again, I met Austin. He came in one day, I was his waitress, and he left me his number. I ended up getting fired from that job (again, for a dumb reason) and realized that maybe the only reason I needed to work there was to meet the love of my life (yes, at Cracker Barrel... Oh, the romance). At Vivint, I met Amy when we were both in Retention. We both started in Solar together and hit it off right away. She got me through the madness of working there and dealing with people. I like to think I helped her too. Recently, Amy has been having a hard time in her personal life (not at work - though we all have those days). I can't speak for Amy but I'm glad I was there for her while she was going through that struggle. We all have problems and struggles and it's nice to have family there for you but, most of the time, your family will always give you the same advice, the same kind of support. If I ever needed anything, I would definitely go to my family. No doubt. But, it's so great to know I have a great friend like Amy there to lend a hand, to raise me up and make things better.
So, maybe that's just me improving the situation but what I really know is how thankful I am for Amy. I had the best time working with her for the last 7(ish) months. Although I didn't love every single day of work and I had a hard time some days, dragging my feet into work at 7am, I'm glad I had the opportunity to meet Amy and get to know her so well. I appreciate everything she's done for me. She listened to me vent, she put up with all my stories and even let me sing/hum on occasion :) I know we'll stay good friends. I'll miss seeing her every day but, things don't have to change. Amy's amazing spirit and great example has rubbed off. I don't think I'll ever be as kind or patient as her but, I sure will try!

No comments:
Post a Comment