Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The one with the productivity

Usually, my name and "productive" aren't found in the same sentence. Well, that's how it used to be. In high school and when I first moved out to Utah, I was all about fun. Relaxing fun :) Lately, I've been getting so good at using my time wisely - getting everything I need while I'm out so I don't have to go back out, multi-tasking with things I do at home, you know what I mean.

Especially after I stopped working, I was enjoying all the "free" time I had - but filling it with things I'd been wanting to get done.

For maybe 3 or 4 days now, I've just been wanting to sleep in, waste time on the computer or reading. I don't think reading is a waste of time, but it caused me to not get in the shower and get ready until late in the day. I just feel like such a lazy... wife. I should be better. When I was working, Austin would wake up and make me breakfast AND lunch, take it all out to the car and have it running, ready to take me to work - all before 6:30am!

I've always been more of a morning person (definitely not a night person. 9:00 = bedtime! Crazy, right?). So, what's going on? It's not "that time of the month." I'm not sick. I haven't been working extra hard. Obviously. I hope I get over it soon.

I guess I could attribute some of these feelings to me not having a job anymore. I was working my butt of for about a year. I worked at 7:00am the whole time I worked at Vivint & Vivint Solar. I would get off work around 3:00 or 4:00, come home, run to the store, clean the house, figure out dinner (usually Austin would cook it. I'll admit, he's a WAY better cook than me), and do whatever else needed to be done. Before I worked at Vivint, I worked as a waitress for 2+ years. I'm used to having things to do! I need a job...

While I'm on the topic of productivity, I just want to give a huge shout out to Austin. He is so good at getting things done on time. I don't know how he has time in the day to do all he does AND entertain me. When I say he's a hard worker, I don't just say that because it's what wives say. I mean it! He works hard! I'm not surprised he gets such a good night's sleep (I know that... because he's quite the snoring machine). I'm so grateful for him.

So. Here's to me working harder! Not for anyone else (well, other than Austin... I'll do it for him), but for me! I'll be productive. I'll find a job and, while I'm doing it, I'll get everything else done that I can. Crafts, deep cleaning, shopping, bigger projects, read books I've been wanting to, and cooking good meals! I just need to get up early every single day. Even if I don't leave the house, I'll feel better. Ok. Here I go. Readers, thanks for your help!


1 comment: