So, last week, I was just having a hard day. After talking to Paige, she convinced me to just hang out with her and her kids in Riverton. I brought the unfinished baby blanket I'm making for her new baby girl - to show her how it looks so far. (
I'll post about that next.)
We ran some errands and hung out around the house. Paige has been planning a super cute 6th birthday party for Polly. It's a
Tangled theme party for Polly's school friends. It'll be so cute. While I was at Paiges, we made a HUGE braid (about 18 feet long) as a decoration to hang over each side of the front door for the party.
 |
| Paige bought extra yarn, thinking we would need a ton. We had so much left over and thought about making the braid bigger/longer. |
 |
| Paige was at the far end of the dining room while we were cutting the string. |
I wish I would have gotten a picture of Bruce helping us out! He would walk over to Paige, take an end of the yarn, walk it down to me. I would lay it down and Paige would cut her end. He would do this over and over - and was happy to help! Like I said, about 18 feet long! I bet Bruce burned some major
chicken nugget calories!
 |
| Side note: I think Paige it one of the cutest pregnant moms I've ever seen. I know she doesn't feel cute and just wants to be back to normal (and lay on her stomach - so I've heard). But, she looks stinkin' cute to me! |
 |
| To braid the yarn, we stuck it over the doorway to hold it tight. We tried just having Paige hold it but the string it just too long! It kept getting tangled. So, what ended up working was Paige braiding and me un-braiding her braid. By the time we got to the end, there were no tangles! Phew! |
Paige bought some cute, flowery ribbon to tie on each end. In the movie, the braid is so thick! I can't imagine how much time it would
really take to braid THAT!
 |
| In the movie, these 4 girls were doing each others hair and braided Repunzel's for her. We could have used the help! :) |
After finishing the braid, Paige and I were talking. Bruce came up to us, looking for something he could use as a boat for one if his cars,
Finn McMissile. I took a shoe box, cut and taped it and had Bruce tell me exactly what to do. I even had to cut out a gun to tape on top so it would be more like the real thing.
Polly wanted to play with something, too... So, we ended up making her a house for her smaller dolls. Bruce used it for his cars. (I made sure not to include any
stairs. Only
ramps, so people
and cars could use the house)
 |
| Polly was a good sport and played cars with Bruce. He's so cute asking people to play with him. |
 |
| I got a picture of Bruce with the house and boat. (The orange box is obviously a swimming pool - not a boat.) |
Paige suggested that Austin come, he can help Lorin with finishing the basement and we could stay the night. I talked to Austin after he was off work. He got all my clothes & stuff and got to Paige's that evening.
 |
| Paige let Austin and me sleep in Polly's full(queen?)-sized bed. Polly didn't want to share a room with Bruce so she made herself comfortable on the couch. We appreciate her letting us used her bed :) |
The next day, we just ran some more errands, I got to walk Polly into school and see her classroom. Paige and I did really important things during the day (showered... played phone games probably).
 |
| I wanted a picture with Polly in her cute dance outfit. We took these right before she left for dance class that afternoon - I left for home at the same time. |
 |
| Polly is such a character. At that point, we had already planned to come back on Saturday (two days later) but she still bawled about not seeing us for a long time. |
When we came back, since I had promised to do nails with Polly, we made a "Polly Spa." Really just for nails - nothing else. The boys worked on the basement, we all played Hanging with Friends on our phone. Polly is good at the game because she'll just try letters until they make some random word no one has ever heard of. She always wins :)
 |
| Lorin got a kick out of Polly being pampered like this. |
 |
| She is such a little diva - getting her nails done with (Paige's) phone in-hand. |
We ended up having dinner watching Spy Kids 4 (who even knew there were so many Spy Kids movies) and Real Steel before heading home. Thanks to Paige and Lorin for always letting us come hang out! We love hanging out with them and their kids.
Good times in Riverton!
Jealous... looks like fun!
ReplyDeleteI wish I could be there to help with the basement but I'd really only be good at walking the ends of the yarn back and forth, like Bruce.
ReplyDeleteI'm sure you could give some good advice (or warning) when it comes to pipes and leakage :) ...from past experience with leaky basements.
ReplyDeleteIt makes me so happy seeing you and Paige spending quality time together as sisters! There is nothing more I love than hanging with my sisters!! It's the best. I love your blog!
ReplyDelete