I'd been working for Vivint (and Vivint Solar) for exactly a year. I was so good to them! I started out in Customer Support. That was right after I got fired from waitressing at Cracker Barrel! (I swear, I don't just get fired from all my jobs - THAT was a whole different story) I worked my way up to Retention, which was a pay raise and offered commission. After working in Retention for only a month, I was interviewed for and offered a job in the Solar department - basically a brand new company. I served them well as an account manager in Solar. We took a lot of grief for things "we" did wrong. Honestly, we would pick up anyone else's slack and take the blame. But, you know what? We did it - for 7 months. And, then what? I get the boot! They offered me a position in Retention or Customer Support because of "downsizing" - and I wouldn't be the only one to go! I thanked them, walked back to my desk, told everyone what they told me and warned them that someone else would go (naturally, I did it tractfully), and told them that, if I can't be fired (basically, so I could apply for unemployment or something), I quit. So... I quit. And that's that!
I got home around 1:00pm, after wasting time, sucking all the last-minute-money I could from the company before clocking out. I posted about it on Facebook, tweeted, called Austin, my mom and sisters (of course), sat and stared deep into nothing for about 2 minutes... and got going on the job hunt. I can't go without a job for long. It's nice to sleep in past 5:30am but, we need a good, steady flow of income. That day, my friend sent me a text asking if I'd want an interview that day at Vision - another alarm company. As much I don't want to work for alarms anymore, I said "YES!" and got all the details. I went to the interview and, as far as I could tell, it went really well. I'll actually find out about it today! Thank GOODness! I hope this goes well or it might be back to waitressing!
On a light, brighter note:
Austin is the BEST husband. Every wife says that. But, ladies... I got him. He's taken. Off the market forever. No one will ever have anyone like Austin and he's mine! I swear he's gotten into my brain and always knows what I need. Even when I'm stubborn and act like I'm not completely in love with the kiss-on-the-forehead he just gave me, he knows that's what I needed and actually wanted. He is SO patient with me. When I was working the 7am shift, he would wake up every morning and make me toast for breakfast and a pb&j with yogurt, granola bar, apple sauce, etc for lunch. More often that not, he would take it all out to the car to warm it up before I was out there. What a sweetie!! Gosh. I'm pampered. And it just comes so naturally to him! I mean, I ask him to pickup his wet towel off the floor (which he doesn't do anymore - miracle man!) but he's sooo good to me.
When I watch him play with kids - especially our nieces and nephew, I know he'll be an amazing dad. He just has to make it through 9 months of me between him and his sweet baby :) He's so patient and generous. I can't think of anything that would make him more amazing. He's set a high standard!
Some days, I wish I could be pregnant. I know now isn't the right time but, I'm just so ready to meet the little ones that will make up our family. I'm excited to start that part of our life! Thinking about Austin being in school, working, being gone for so long every day (at least for the next few years), I think what I need is a baby! I need company! Someone to talk to and be home with. Someone to take care of. Someone else to welcome Austin home from work! I know it's hard work. I lived with Paige when she first had Bruce (and a 3 year old Polly). Sure, I didn't have to get up in the night. I didn't have to feed him and change all the diapers, do all the laundry, cook everyone's meals... But, I at least witnessed some of it. I understand it's not just playing dress-up and taking cute pictures all day every day. I'm sure I won't fully understand that until the day comes that we actually have our own baby. But, I'm really anticipating that adventure! Austin and I work well together. We only get better every day. I love my man.
I'm happy with how things are now. Austin is working a sketchy job. He just started school two days ago. I'm job-less. We have debt. We have a tiny apartment. But, you know what? We have it a lot better than SO many other people. We're truly blessed to have what we have. We have real love. We trust each other. We care for each other and want only what's best for us and our future. We make it work and keep smiling. I'm honestly, truly happy. This life - what I have now - is all I could ever ask for.
PS - You know those times when you just LOVE your husband (or wife, for all you male bloggers) SO much. I mean, you love them every day, all day. But, one of those moments when you think "I'm so blessed - SO lucky to have this person in my life." I just had one of those this morning. Austin had to leave at about 6:30 to get to class. I was still sleeping (so wonderful), he came into the bedroom, put his hand on the back of my head/upper neck and kissed me on the forehead. He told me he loved me. I still get butterflies from that boy - ALL the time! ahh... I love being married.
PS - You know those times when you just LOVE your husband (or wife, for all you male bloggers) SO much. I mean, you love them every day, all day. But, one of those moments when you think "I'm so blessed - SO lucky to have this person in my life." I just had one of those this morning. Austin had to leave at about 6:30 to get to class. I was still sleeping (so wonderful), he came into the bedroom, put his hand on the back of my head/upper neck and kissed me on the forehead. He told me he loved me. I still get butterflies from that boy - ALL the time! ahh... I love being married.
Um, okay. You're cute. Even thought it's 10% icky to me how in love you are, the ickyness is really just jealousy. I'm glad you're happy! Love you! :)
ReplyDelete