Oh boy. Do you know how hard job hunting is?? Of course you don't. No one does - except me! Kidding, kidding... It's just such an awful phrase, to begin with. "Job hunting." Yuck. Like, it's some barbaric process. Waiting around for all the "satisfactory" jobs to come along, striking them, if you will, and once you get lucky and finally nail one down, you have to decide if it's worth it. Will it "do?" How will this job look on your track record (or resume)? How much can you get out of this job (money-wise)? Will this job be too much of a pain to even deal with (management, crappy hours, etc)?
Most times, yes. It will be a pain. You will have to wake up at the crack of dawn to drag yourself into a no-so-rewarding place and slap a smile on that sleep-deprived face of yours. You won't get paid as much as you think you should. You will always "know more" than your manager. But, we all have to do it. Someone's got to bring home the bacon! Someone has to put that wonderful husband of yours through school.
Oh- the job hunt. (I cringe.) Not so good. I send out resumes everyday. I call back, I email back, I consider stopping by but look in the mirror and realize I haven't taken the time to get ready for the day. At home, you don't have to slap anything on any sleep-deprived face. Not a smile. Not make-up. Au naturel. Of course, I regret that decision on a regular basis.
I know I need to just buck up... and do it. I do feel better when I have a job. I feel better when I get up before 8:00am (which I used to think was completely awful). I know I'll feel more accomplished and "satisfied" when I have that job I'm searching for. I know there's one out there. One that I make love. One with management that I may love. One with good hours and great pay. (A girl can dream, can't she?)
So, here I go. Back on the prowl (ha!) to find it. Wish me luck!

No comments:
Post a Comment